Norwegian on trip to Sheffield

Guest geiteryggen

Guest geiteryggen

Hello,

In January this year I travelled to se my football team, Sheffield Wednesday, against Hartlepool. It was my first time over to England to watch them. And that was about time since I've been supporting The Owls since 1991/1992.

I'm coming over for the Steel City derby on sunday, but I have some questions before I go. Hope someone can help me.

I have som transportation questions:

Here is my travel-schedule:

13:00 - 14:55 (SWFC - SUFC)

14:47 - 15:05 (Leppings Lane - Castle Square)

15:07 - 15:25 (Leppings Lane - Castle Square)

15:38 - Train leaves from Sheffield

17:16 - Train arrives at Liverpool South Parkway

18:45 - Airplane departs from Liverpool.

What is the best way to get from Hillsborough?

Is it by Supertram? And will the supertram be overloaded with people after the match.

Or is taxi the best way to get to the railway station?

What is the traffic like in the stadiumarea after the match?

I think I might have to leave a few minutes before the match is over.

Appreciate any help :-)

Anders,

Norway

Guest JoeTheOwl

Hey Buddy,

You'll probably be better off booking a taxi for the end of the match. The tram is going to be overlycrowded on the day and even so you'd be cutting it pretty fine with your timing.

In regards to traffic, its always extremely busy as well but you're still probably better off with a taxi as oppose to relying on public transport.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Guest geiteryggen

Thanks!

Is it sufficient to book the taxi on sunday morning, or should I do it earlier?

I'm sitting In the North stand, so is there any good "pick-up point" for the taxi around the north stand?

And do any one have a good guess on what time I shoud leave to get to the railwaystation before 15:38?

Anders

Guest JoeTheOwl

You should be fine booking Sunday morning buddy. City Taxis (0114 2393939) will have plenty of taxis on duty.

In terms of a pick up point, Leppings lane will be no doubt shut for normal traffic. I'd suggest finding a quiet side street or pub near Leppings Lane as a pick up point. Fielding road or something similiar might work but they'll all be busy on derby day i'm afraid.

The taxi should take about 15-20 minutes tops so if you get in the taxi at around 3ish you should have plenty of time to spare to make sure you're at your platform.

Hope this helps

Joe