Preston Away

Guest James-The-Owl

Guest James-The-Owl

My tickets have just come through - very quickly as well may I add, only ordered them late Tuesday night - who else is going?

Also, it says on the ticket we are in the Bill Shankly Kop, I thought kops were generally home stands?

My tickets have just come through - very quickly as well may I add, only ordered them late Tuesday night - who else is going?

Also, it says on the ticket we are in the Bill Shankly Kop, I thought kops were generally home stands?

Its split mate them on one side us on the other.

Guest James-The-Owl

Should be loads I'd expect.

I booked online 16-20year old tickets, when they arrived it said 16-19 year old on the tickets.

I'm 22 so should be interesting :biggrin:

My sister did the same and she's 21.

They never look at the ticket anyway, they just rip it off and give it you back.

I'm going to suprise the girlfriend with tickets as we're staying in north yorkshire that week. She'll love it (lol).

Oh yeh and we're both going to be yong adults for the night - I'm 21 :/

Err for anyone who's been there by car before.. wheres best to park?

Edited by evaD

I'm going to suprise the girlfriend with tickets as we're staying in north yorkshire that week. She'll love it (lol).

Oh yeh and we're both going to be yong adults for the night - I'm 21 :/

Err for anyone who's been there by car before.. wheres best to park?

As you approach the stadium (just after McD's I think), there are a number of car parks advertised.

The one I use is around the back of a school, secure parking and you don't get boxed in.

As you approach the stadium (just after McD's I think), there are a number of car parks advertised.

The one I use is around the back of a school, secure parking and you don't get boxed in.

Cheers.

Don't suppose you have or could find a postcode could you? Just looking on google maps now but can't find it.

Other option that I would advise would be using J32 of the M6 if you are coming down from the North & going in this way - this will be sign posted as you are going in via the M55 which then feeds you off here. Follow the road down through Fulwood & then you will see the signs for PNE ( LEFT TURN AT THE LIGHTS ) 1 mile & a bit down & then park in the primary school which is an option £3. My office is in Preston & if you come off at the earlier Junctions ( 31 ) then you will add prob another 20-30 min as most days it is poo poo for traffic - hope this helps.

Used the trusty away fans guide for this:

Leave M6 at Junction 31 and follow signs Left for Preston. Go up a steep hill (often a police speed trap on the hill, so stick to 30) and follow the road down to a mini roundabout (speed camera by the BP garage on the left). At the roundabout with the Hesketh Arms turn right into Blackpool Road. Go straight on over three sets of lights and just before a fourth set, the ground appears set slightly back on the left. Parking is mainly in the streets surrounding the ground.

Mike Holroyd adds; 'as you turn right at the Hesketh Arms roundabout into Blackpool Road and then pass a park on the left there is now another speed camera to watch out for. The Police also sometimes set up another mobile speed trap on the forecourt of the fire station on the left, so watch your speed. Plus as you near the ground don't be tempted to park up on the grass verges, you are likely to find after the game that you have been given a ticket for it!' Steve Thornley informs me; 'Parking for cars is available for £3 a car at Moorfields Special School. The car park is manned by volunteers from the school and all proceeds go into school funds. Just follow the directions above and at the last set of traffic lights continue straight on for about 200 yards, and you will see the school on the left near Moor Park'.

Kate Abbatt suggests; 'If you want to avoid the pre and post-match traffic, here's a handy tip to

avoid it. Instead of leaving the M6 at Junction 31, carry on to Junction 31a signposted, Preston East and Longridge. (This is a limited junction as you can only leave northbound and join southbound.) Keep in the right hand lane and go across the roundabout signposted Preston east, football ground and museum. Across the next roundabout (Anderton Arms on your right) and then left at the next one. At the next lights, go right onto Watling Street. You will go past the White Hart and a row of shops. At next lights by Fulwood Barracks, keep in the left hand lane. You can either park in Sumners, (turn left straight after the lights) or follow the road up to the big junction at Blackpool Road and the ground is on your left and take your chances with on-street parking. Sumners is better as you are the right side of the ground to get away quick after the game. Blackpool Road gets badly snarled up after games and the lights don't help it'.

We parked in the fire station opposite the retail park last year.

Getting the train this year though.

Fire station is good... don't know if they do midweek though...?

A few quid to a good cause and you know that your car is fine...

It's a very steady 5 mins or so walk...

From M6 J31, head up A59 towards Preston, top of hill, cemetery is on right then take the right at roundabout towards Blackpool...

Through lights...

As you drive past Vauxhall dealership on left, Volkwagen dealership and PC World on your right...

The Fire Station is on your left just before next lights.

If full, those next lights will allow you into Deepdale Retail Park on your right...

Plenty of parking and no history of problems either parking on there or with Preston fans doing same.

See you there.

Edited by 33