Wednesdayite

If people choose to join wednesdayite brilliant becuase they do lots of good work, but there are many (the majority) that just want to go to the game and come away. we don't want to be told we have to join a supporters group every hour of the day. this is going to go to far and end up weeing lot of fans off.

Wednesdayite treat members like mushrooms, they don't have regular monthly member meetings like most other trusts, they don't publish up to date meeting minutes like most other trusts, who are the directors and what the f**k do they do? lets hear what particular skills they bring to the organisation and what responsibilities they have because no one knows.

It the attitude f**k it now big bad Daves gone?

Good old Tonto can never help himself can he?

Having made his quota of reasonable, even-tempered posts for this month (ie. one) he soon reverts to the usual chuntering old grouch looking for a barney.

:biggrin:

And proving my point on the score of the same unsubstantiated slogans being bandied about over and over again no matter how many times they're discredited...

So who are these power crazed individuals who have used both the Trust and Wednesdayite to further their evil ambitions?

It's all so simple isn't it? All businessmen are a raging success and all fans are incompetent. And how would you judge someone like Steve Gibson at Middlesbrough who is both?

Yet more superficial sloganeering reliant on nothing more than personal bias. Who are you referring to? Allen's puppets used to say that all the time about Darryl Keys, no matter how many times he explicitly said he did not want to be on the SWFC board. Now that he's no longer Wednesdayite chairman and has emigrated to Florida, no doubt they'll still have convinced themselves it's all part of the plan somehow. And what 'personal financial sacrifice' did the likes of Kaven Walker and Ashley Carson provide? Or are they exempt because they are 'businessmen'.

Some very valid points.

We'll never agree, but in reality that ain't important. As someone else has eluded to, if the product on the pitch is good enough everything else is forgotton. The reason for the politics in this club raging out of control is a desire for all fans to want something better. We just have different views on how that can be acheived, and who should drive it.

Thanks for the reply Jimb, it sounds like you are a busy board member. However I think you missed my point about communication.

And i would agree, we do need more members meetings and/or newletters. I would argue that the website is updated far more regularly than ever before and that wherever appropriate a response from W'ite is forthcoming and published.

Newsletters and web site articles don't give member a forum for discussion. How about setting dates for quartely meetings now?

"completely selfless" - "When exactly did i say that?" = "with zero personal benefit"

People volunteer for things for many reasons - because they expect to enjoy it, for a social aspect, to be part of a group, to gain respect of others, for connections, power, to have your say, 10 minutes of fame, etc.

When I said "not completely selfless", I wasn't suggesting that you got paid for it!

However, Wednesdayites meetings with the Chairman and CEO are perks of the job! I imagine there's more too (trips around the training ground, Hillsborough boardroom, invites to the directors box, meeting Howard Wilkinson / BL or players? Who knows what board members have been invited to (you tell me), as it's not communicated to members. The problem with lack of communication is that people make up their own perception of what's going on.

Having never really being involved in the politics side of things or the rights or wrongs of the past, one of the things that seems to always be brought up by detractors is that the Owls Trust were linked to Bates etc, Wednesdayite are/were linked to Dave Allen Black ballons etc.

I'm sure it's already been suggested but is it time for another name change to be linked with Lee Stafford?

How about "The Forward Together Owls"

Having never really being involved in the politics side of things or the rights or wrongs of the past, one of the things that seems to always be brought up by detractors is that the Owls Trust were linked to Bates etc, Wednesdayite are/were linked to Dave Allen Black ballons etc.

I'm sure it's already been suggested but is it time for another name change to be linked with Lee Stafford?

If Lee's happy with it...and the members are happy with it...why change.....oh yes so the detractors will feel better about getting it wrong :laugh:

Neither the goings on with Bates nor the release of those nasty Black Balloons stopped me from joining Wednesdayite. I did so because I thought it was right and hoped that the efforts Wednesdayite were making would one day be appreciated by those at the club. No we have someone in charge who clearly sees the potential of such an organisation, why change again? And even if there was a re-branding, I think it highly likely that the first people to join and try and make some sort of contribution would be the very same people currently in Wednesdayite. The detractors would no doubt then say "that a change in name means nothing" as they did when the Owls Trust morphed into Wednesdayite - so we'd be back to square one.

Thanks for the reply Jimb, it sounds like you are a busy board member. However I think you missed my point about communication.

Newsletters and web site articles don't give member a forum for discussion. How about setting dates for quartely meetings now?

People volunteer for things for many reasons - because they expect to enjoy it, for a social aspect, to be part of a group, to gain respect of others, for connections, power, to have your say, 10 minutes of fame, etc.

When I said "not completely selfless", I wasn't suggesting that you got paid for it!

However, Wednesdayites meetings with the Chairman and CEO are perks of the job! I imagine there's more too (trips around the training ground, Hillsborough boardroom, invites to the directors box, meeting Howard Wilkinson / BL or players? Who knows what board members have been invited to (you tell me), as it's not communicated to members. The problem with lack of communication is that people make up their own perception of what's going on.

Goldgigs you make it sound great.

I agree with you about the quarterly meetings - I will bring it up at our board meeting tomorrow - Regular members meetings could be say on last last thursday in Jan/April/July and October, then additional events etc

I can say I have never sort out my 10 mins of fame in the six years I have been involved in the society at board level.

I can also hand on heart say the only "perks" I have had in that time are as follows:

1. One Wednesdayite board meeting where Lee Strarford and Nick came in to introduce themselves to us.

2. One meeting with David Blunkett

3. Meetings with other "wednesday celebs" like Dennis Hobson/Clive betts

I have only been to Wednesday's training ground on non-wednesdayite related events (referee's course and watching my nephew play)

I have been in the directors lounge once on a tax training course.

I have met some swfc players at swfc events which I have always paid for.

I have always paid to attend wednesdayite events and sponsored horses etc in the race night.

I have always attended the swfc agm as a shareholder myself and an appointed representive of wednesdayite.

So in answer to your question there arn't really any perks to the unpaid job we carry out, apart form getting to know many more wednesday fans and making some lifelong friends (such as Daz and other members) who I would not have met if it wasn;t for my involvment in the trust.

FYI - We have in the past tried to run regular members meetings but the participation has always been relativley low , unless there was something "special" to talk about.

Even our AGM in December only attracted about 70 members. However now we have access to club facilties and to individuals within the club we should be able to get "guest " speakers to members meetings in future.

Who would you like to see/hear at future meetings?

Edited by pahowl

Wednesdayite should remain independent and optional to join. Since when did a Football trust, become a supporters club? Independence doesn't mean the club can't move forward.

Lee Strafford isn't the finance behind the takeover. Who is?

Wednesdayite needs to represent it's members, not get ass raped at the earliest chance.

Wednesdayite should remain independent and optional to join.

I agree - but we can still ask, even recommend, Owls fans to join.

Lee Strafford isn't the finance behind the takeover. Who is?

I don't know.

Wednesdayite needs to represent it's members, not get ass raped at the earliest chance.

I'll be in the Wednesdayite Lounge @ The Niagara before the Reading match. I'll be happy to discuss your concerns if you want to call in.

John

From what I've been told as I couldn't make the meeting last night due to a family problem LS said he'd like every fan to join Wednesdayite as it would be easier to get collective decisions from the majority of the fan base I believe this is a pipe dream as many people don't want to join Wednesdayite as they don't care too deeply about club politics

sort of agree and know what you mean

but i think this is half the problem - wednesdayite need to get away from being seen as that and purely and simply being seen as a supporters group. Nothing more nothing less.

I flipping HATE all the politics, and I'm pretty positive everyone else does, wednesdayite member or not but I think that's what they were forced to become because of how poo poo things were.

I'm a member of a supporters group, and it should be no more and no less, and it should ALWAYS be optional, and entirely democratic.

sort of agree and know what you mean

but i think this is half the problem - wednesdayite need to get away from being seen as that and purely and simply being seen as a supporters group. Nothing more nothing less.

I flipping HATE all the politics, and I'm pretty positive everyone else does, wednesdayite member or not but I think that's what they were forced to become because of how poo poo things were.

I'm a member of a supporters group, and it should be no more and no less, and it should ALWAYS be optional, and entirely democratic.

very good points, the politics were more of a necessity of the time not some grand machiavellian plan for the future.

Now that the club isn't being 'mismanaged' anymore, i doubt we'll see those balloons for quite a while :happy:

Let's all enjoy being part of a 'supporters group' again.