Wednesdayite

To be fair, the Trust backed Bates,

The old Owls Trust NEVER explicitly backed Bates as far as I'm aware. It only called for his plan to be given proper consideration and in the best interests of the club rather than selected individuals - something they didn't think was happening. They might not have handled this in the best way and created a false impression, but that doesn't mean the ongoing myths should persevere. And in any case, almost all of the individuals leading the trust were replaced when Wednesdayite was created.

then Sheard

You may recall that when putting the shares issue to it's members Wednesdayite stressed that much remained unknown about the deal and therefore that caveats were in place to ensure that they were as insulated as possible (for the record I abstained as I wasn't comfortable with the mass clamour - for which the trust was largely blameless - and lack of information, even if I was thoroughly disgusted by the SWFC board). As things turned out, they were congratulated for the way they handled the affair. They were the only party keeping supporters as informed as they could and they were the first to formally end their support of the deal.

Meanwhile, some of the 'Wednesdayite are always wrong' mob failed to reflect on the fact that the opportunity for the club to indirectly receive a significant cash injection from the sale of the trust's shares (albeit ultimately going unrealised when Sheard was finally exposed as a chancer) would have been lost if their own hysteria at selling the shares to Allen previously had been followed.

and now Strafford. They were always going to get it right eventually.

Lee Strafford is obviously a very clever bloke, and is doing a brilliant job. My only advice is that he needs to distance himself from the likes of the Trust, and Hemmingham.

The point about Hemmingham, as we've seen here in recent days, is a debatable one. Personally, I have no strong opinion but can see why there are reservations.

As for Wednesdayite, it saddens me that there are still apparently significant numbers out there who can't bring themselves to confront the simple truth that their opinions have been utterly hijacked by someone else for their own selfish ends. You were used and treated as fools. The brainwashing was so successful that by the end, those mainly responsible for it no longer had to initiate each round of abuse and could simply sit back and watch their surrogates do the job on their behalf.

Edited by DJMortimer

Guest Walkley_Owl

The old Owls Trust NEVER explicitly backed Bates as far as I'm aware. It only called for his plan to be given proper consideration and in the best interests of the club rather than selected individuals - something they didn't think was happening. They might not have handled this in the best way and created a false impression, but that doesn't mean the ongoing myths should persevere. And in any case, almost all of the individuals leading the trust were replaced when Wednesdayite was created.

You may recall that when putting the shares issue to it's members Wednesdayite stressed that much remained unknown about the deal and therefore that caveats were in place to ensure that they were as insulated as possible (for the record I abstained as I wasn't comfortable with the mass clamour - for which the trust was largely blameless - and lack of information, even if I was thoroughly disgusted by the SWFC board). As things turned out, they were congratulated for the way they handled the affair. They were the only party keeping supporters as informed as they could and they were the first to formally end their support of the deal.

Meanwhile, some of the 'Wednesdayite are always wrong' mob failed to reflect on the fact that the opportunity for the club to indirectly receive a significant cash injection from the sale of the trust's shares (albeit ultimately going unrealised when Sheard was finally exposed as a chancer) would have been lost if their own hysteria at selling the shares to Allen previously had been followed.

The point about Hemmingham, as we've seen here in recent days, is a debatable one. Personally, I have no strong opinion but can see why there are reservations.

As for Wednesdayite, it saddens me that there are still apparently significant numbers out there who can't bring themselves to confront the simple truth that their opinions have been utterly hijacked by someone else for their own selfish ends. You were used and treated as fools. The brainwashing was so successful that by the end, those mainly responsible for it no longer had to initiate each round of abuse and could simply sit back and watch their surrogates do the job on their behalf.

So if people disagree with aspects of Wednesdayite they have been brainwashed, thats utter crap and you know it, you're looking for a bite with that comment

To be fair, the Trust backed Bates, then Sheard and now Strafford. They were always going to get it right eventually.

Lee Strafford is obviously a very clever bloke, and is doing a brilliant job. My only advice is that he needs to distance himself from the likes of the Trust, and Hemmingham.

Like he is going to take advice from a ****

All aboard the good ship Wednesday unless you preffer to jump ship .

So if people disagree with aspects of Wednesdayite they have been brainwashed, thats utter crap and you know it, you're looking for a bite with that comment

I'm not looking for a bite at all and I think you've misinterpreted what I meant.

People are of course at liberty to disagree with anyone over anything. And I have disagreed with Wednesdayite in the past at times. For one, I'm not convinced they should have recommended the membership vote in favour of selling the shares to Geoff Sheard, even though I can appreciate some of the reasons, and have already reflected on the protection they gave themselves in terms of conditions that had to be met.

What I'm talking about is enduring perceptions that have been fueled by misrepresentation and downright lies and that some people have become so extreme in their views over the years that it is difficult for them to return to the consensus without appearing enormously foolish.

For example, do you really believe that Wednesdayite prevented the Paul Gregg takeover as claimed by the last chairman?

Do you think the browbeating they received over selling their shares to him was about nothing more nor less than the best interests of the club?

Was the misrepresentation of their articles of association (if you recall that) on Radio Sheffield just shoddy journalism or part of a calculated campaign against them?

How could they have backed Ken Bates at any stage when the organisation in it's current form didn't even exist at the time?

Guest Walkley_Owl

I was in Holland when all the Gregg stuff kicked off so I missed the majority of the media witch hunt against Wednesdayite (and the press conference), No I don't blame them for that deal going under.

Your complete disregard for other peoples opinions and choice makes you come across as pompous at times dj

Your complete disregard for other peoples opinions and choice makes you come across as pompous at times dj

It is absolutely not a disregard.

If someone can support their position with reasonable logic then I can respect that, even if I don't agree with it (as evidenced by many extremely lengthy arguments with Scram for example). But a good deal of the anti-Wednesdayite bile does not meet such criteria, or even get close to it at times. Much of it is built on myths that have been disproven over and over again and in many cases those holding these views have allowed themselves to become entrenched with no easy way out that does not leave them open to ridicule. And it doesn't help when my detailed posts are sometimes responded to with a flippant quip or something on the level of 'because I said so' either (that's a general point and not necessarily aimed at you or this current thread).

I was in Holland when all the Gregg stuff kicked off so I missed the majority of the media witch hunt against Wednesdayite (and the press conference), No I don't blame them for that deal going under.

What about the rest of the questions, Walkley

Do you think the browbeating they received over selling their shares to him was about nothing more nor less than the best interests of the club?

Was the misrepresentation of their articles of association (if you recall that) on Radio Sheffield just shoddy journalism or part of a calculated campaign against them?

How could they have backed Ken Bates at any stage when the organisation in it's current form didn't even exist at the time?

Guest Walkley_Owl

I never beleived they back Bates either that was the trust not Wednesdayite even though it's been stated on here that the trust didn't back Bates nor did Hemmingham or Harrison etc

Dave Allen was a very good manipulator of the press for his own ends and this has been shown up over the past few months, Wednesdayite aren't the big bad wolf many people believe them to be but they still aren't some peoples cup of tea

Cheers, and you're probably an student, with acne, large debts and a history of under-performance with the opposite sex.

Winner.

I didn't mean it as a personal attack. I just mean you keep having a dig at Wednesdayite - or The Trust as you hilariously call them - with stuff that has been proven to be wrong many many times before.

Just a thought, could the club and Wednesdayite join together on season ticket forms and have a box included on the form if the season ticket holder would like to join the organisation?

That could work Norm then people can opt in or opt out

Well as a Wednesdayite director, that is exactly what i'd be lobbying for - endorsement from the club and the option to opt in if you wish. Noone is forced to join and Wednesdayite retain independence.

Winner.

I didn't mean it as a personal attack. I just mean you keep having a dig at Wednesdayite - or The Trust as you hilariously call them - with stuff that has been proven to be wrong many many times before.

Call it a draw.

Pretending the Trust, and Wednesdayite are 2 different groups altogether is a convenient cover story for the individuals involved. A Snickers bar is still a Marathon. I may be wrong, but arn't Twix's called Raiders on the continent?

It's nothing personal, but in my opinion fans should stay fans, and stay out of the politics of football. I get the feeling the Trust/Wednesdayite/make a new name very soon won't stop until they've got a presence on the board, and can jack-boot around the club like they own the place, without having provided any personal financial sacrifice.

Wednesdayite aren't the big bad wolf many people believe them to be but they still aren't some peoples cup of tea

Perfectly summed up.

That sentence says it all to me.

There's no way that EVERYONE would ever join Wednesdayite and there's no way EVERYONE will like Wednesdayite.

I think DJ Mortimer has summed up quite well in that a lot of those perceptions have been fuelled by misrepresentation and the attacks from certain quarters - but that doesn't mean everyone will want to be a Wednesdayite member. That's natural and that's fine by me and I respect their right to make that decision (even if it is or isn't based on false perceptions).

Call it a draw.

Pretending the Trust, and Wednesdayite are 2 different groups altogether is a convenient cover story for the individuals involved. A Snickers bar is still a Marathon. I may be wrong, but arn't Twix's called Raiders on the continent?

It's nothing personal, but in my opinion fans should stay fans, and stay out of the politics of football. I get the feeling the Trust/Wednesdayite/make a new name very soon won't stop until they've got a presence on the board, and can jack-boot around the club like they own the place, without having provided any personal financial sacrifice.

All this without once attending a Wednesdayite board meeting. I doubt you've any idea what we do, what we talk about, what our relationship is with the club, what our aspirations are. How many W'ite meetings have you attended? How many times have you been in the lounge and spoken to members/non members? When did you last engage in conversation with any of the directors? Do you even know who the directors are? Do you know what experience or particular skill they bring to the organisation? How much time do you give up for the benfit of the club and its community on a weekly basis?

I know every director personally (and i'm pretty sure you know very few, if any) and none has aspirations to 'jack-boot around the club like they own the place'. That just sounds like misguided jealousy. Do you imagine we are all in there quaffing champagne on a daily basis?

And as for zero personal financial sacrifice, well, i give up my time to help the club and its community in any way i can. I and my fellow directors and members are about to embark on the biggest period of free consultation in the clubs history. Many of our directors and members make donations of cash to our various funds on a regular basis - this goes back to the club with zero personal benefit. I donated a raffle prize last night that had happily paid for and it helped sell a good number of raffle tickets which is more funding for SWFC.

But never mind the facts Vulva. You just carry on moaning. Just be aware, your audience is dwindling rapidly.