Wednesdayite

Wednesdayite (the Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Trust) is a truly independent football supporters organisation which owns 10.07 % of Sheffield Wednesday plc, making it one of the largest single shareholders in the club

Please don't lose sight of this!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by s10Owl

Wednesdayite (the Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Trust) is a truly independent football supporters organisation which owns 10.07 % of Sheffield Wednesday plc, making it one of the largest single shareholders in the club

It's up to the members to make sure that we don't

Wednesdayite

from spawn of the devil who were dragging the club down to being welcomed with open arms as people who can be worked with to take the club forward and all in a few short weeks

funny old game saint.

Wednesdayite

from spawn of the devil who were dragging the club down to being welcomed with open arms as people who can be worked with to take the club forward and all in a few short weeks

funny old game saint.

Must stick in the throat of those that bought into the 'cretins' and 'scum' tripe.

I wonder how they feel knowing they held the club back, not Wednesdayite.

Onwards and upwards.

Guest Bellsview

I never did and never will - that's why I voted against Sheard at the time.

And then got slated on here for doing so!

Didnt LS mention that he wanted all fans to join Wednesdayite so that he / the board/ etc will always be responsible for their actions ??

Guest wincobankowl

Must stick in the throat of those that bought into the 'cretins' and 'scum' tripe.

Onwards and upwards.

The problem is though there are literally thousands who will never believe it.

Did you hear that fella on Football Heaven a few days ago? Make no mistake, he isnt alone in thinking and saying what he did.

Unfortunatetly, its still gonna be a long hard road to get Wednesdayite accepted by the majority.

Guest Walkley_Owl

From what I've been told as I couldn't make the meeting last night due to a family problem LS said he'd like every fan to join Wednesdayite as it would be easier to get collective decisions from the majority of the fan base I believe this is a pipe dream as many people don't want to join Wednesdayite as they don't care too deeply about club politics

From what I've been told as I couldn't make the meeting last night due to a family problem LS said he'd like every fan to join Wednesdayite as it would be easier to get collective decisions from the majority of the fan base I believe this is a pipe dream as many people don't want to join Wednesdayite as they don't care too deeply about club politics

But a lot of them are still happy to put down Wednesdayite and offer their views of how to run the club/team aren't they?

'they', 'them', 'many'; unquantifiables.

If you could organise a fanbase into having a dedicated and professional backing that could deduce the levels of opinion from the masses then surely that's for the better of the club and us as fans.

Politics are everywhere, they affect nearly every decision we make in our daily lives. You don't have to put the Parliament channel on Sky+ to be interested or involved in it, just aware of it.

Still can't quite grasp the whole 'they don't represent me, and i don't want to join' argument. It's a circle of ignorance that's never going to get them or their views anywhere.

Still, at least there's 606 and P&G :rolleyes:

Guest Walkley_Owl

But you cannot force people to join something they don't want to, btw I'm not saying I wouldn't join personally but I mean the wider audience the other 18000 that attend home games that haven't joined so far, they have reasons for doing so and you HAVE to repect that

But you cannot force people to join something they don't want to, btw I'm not saying I wouldn't join personally but I mean the wider audience the other 18000 that attend home games that haven't joined so far, they have reasons for doing so and you HAVE to repect that

No you cant make people join and neither should they be forced to , The point is though is that the club in particular the new chairman has recognised Wednesdayite as a conduit of communication for the fans to the club so basically if you want to have your two penneth then join if you don't abstain and just go along for the ride . Simples !

Sorry you couldn't make it last night - i did speak to your "guests" .

I agree with what you are saying- alot of people are quite happy to be a fan and not get invloved in the politics.

Rather like alot of people (me included) are not members of political parties in the UK.

Ideally all the "activists" around SWFC would be involved at a higher level in the organisation - people with differing views - but one common purpose - SWFC acheiving its full potential!. It would be nice for the other fans to join and then it gives a greater mandate to keep the board on their toes.

We have all either been born into the SWFC family or chose to join it.

Whilst there will be some that will actively object to being a member as a matter of principle, there will be others who will be happy to go along with it. How many fall into the different camps is unclear.

Guest Walkley_Owl

But just because you don't choose to join it shouldn't exclude you from an opinion, or not allow you to be heard by the club IMHO at the end of the day regardless of being in or out of Wednesdayite we ALL want whats best for the club

Guest Walkley_Owl

Sorry you couldn't make it last night - i did speak to your "guests" .

I agree with what you are saying- alot of people are quite happy to be a fan and not get invloved in the politics.

Rather like alot of people (me included) are not members of political parties in the UK.

Ideally all the "activists" around SWFC would be involved at a higher level in the organisation - people with differing views - but one common purpose - SWFC acheiving its full potential!. It would be nice for the other fans to join and then it gives a greater mandate to keep the board on their toes.

We have all either been born into the SWFC family or chose to join it.

I hope they sang my praises!! :rolleyes:

Onwards and upwards.

Zenowl has been strangely reticent lately hasn't he?

Do you reckon that's shame, guilt, embarrassment... or all of the above?

I think you're quite right that a large percentage really couldn't care less about club politics and this is the main reason why protests and the like have never proved very successful.

However, I think there are a couple of other points worth making. Wednesdayite is much more than 'just' a political organisation. Sure, people can have a say in how the club is run through it if they choose, but it also exists to bring benefits to it's members such as the car park, lounge and travel to away matches, put on entertainment events, generate funds for the club, help in the local community with laudable schemes like Smile Tickets and schools football coaching and to raise the profile of the club in general.

Also, a considerable number have been persuaded by prominent individuals at the club in the past and their spineless acolytes in the local media that Wednesdayite is somehow inherently evil. I have no idea how many people this includes but it would be interesting to see the effects on membership numbers if these ideas could be eradicated. Hopefully in time supporters can cast off their Allen era shackles and help the trust (and the club) realise some of it's ambitions and potential.

Guest wincobankowl

In order for the Club/Wednesdayite relationship to really work as an effective force, we must get rid of this perception that joining Wednesdayite is a show of politics.

Wednesdayite have done great work in trying to rid themsleves of this tag, but without the Club leading, it/we will never shake off the political/trouble causer perception.

Hopefully (in my humble opinion and speaking as a member), the club will really push Wednesdayite as a legitimate supporters group that is working for the good of the club, its community and partners.

The big flag is a good start, now lets move onto something like a Wednesdayite-athon to raise money for the Childrens Hospital.

By publicy uniting under a common cause such as the Children's Hospital would speak volumes.

Guest Walkley_Owl

That big flag, almost made me miss Gordon Simmonite, bloody Wednesdayite :laugh:

I have nothing but praise for the Wednesdayite community activites they are very much appreciated by the wider public, the car park/lounge/away travel are great for the members to use, although even IF i did join I wouldn't need nor use these facilties because I don't drive, I travel on the train or minibus to away games and I like cheap beer in Hillsborough.

I don't think Wednesdayite are inherently evil nor I have ever thought that way, sometimes I've disagreed with the statements made by them and their stance on certain issues and sometimes I have felt IMHO that the group sometimes appeared to speak for ALL fans not just its members.

To be fair, the Trust backed Bates, then Sheard and now Strafford. They were always going to get it right eventually.

Lee Strafford is obviously a very clever bloke, and is doing a brilliant job. My only advice is that he needs to distance himself from the likes of the Trust, and Hemmingham.

To be fair, the Trust backed Bates, then Sheard and now Strafford. They were always going to get it right eventually.

Lee Strafford is obviously a very clever bloke, and is doing a brilliant job. My only advice is that he needs to distance himself from the likes of the Trust, and Hemmingham.

It could be argued that such perceptions are only of the ignorant....

In response to the original post: Wednesdayite will ALWAYS remain independent of the club, but will work WITH the club where possible as a Supporters' Trust should do.