Burnley Away

Guest James-The-Owl

I can't bring myself to go there any more, it'll never live up to the 7-2 win we got last time I went!

The time I went before that was also a belter, the 1-1 draw in the 1983 FA Cup quarter final.

The horrible bench seats were still the same as well. I hate the place and it's scruffy inbreds, it's like Rotherham but more downmarket.

There are two train stations that are in walking distance of Turf Moor, Burnley Central and Burnley Manchester Road. Central station is around a 20 minute walk away from the ground and is mostly served by local trains. Manchester Road is a 15 minute walk away and is served by the faster express service. Walking directions from both are as follows:

Manchester Road

Upon leaving the station cross the main road towards the cinema. The ground should be clearly visible in the distance straight ahead. Turn left and progress down "Centenary Way" an unmissable dual carriageway (A682) going downhill towards the ground. A few minutes walk down this road will bring you to a roundabout where you should turn right under the canal bridge into Yorkshire Street (A671). Continue down this road and you will reach Turf Moor on your left, with the away stand the first to be reached.

Got this off the Away Fans Guide online - hope it helps! UTO

hi millomowl

i'm coming down from north cumbria near silloth . pay on the gate swfc website says !

i'll be in the away end , if not go in the home end like last year .

ministry of ale pub is good near manchester road station i think , simular type of pub to the prince of wales at foxfield.

hi millomowl

i'm coming down from north cumbria near silloth . pay on the gate swfc website says !

i'll be in the away end , if not go in the home end like last year .

ministry of ale pub is good near manchester road station i think , simular type of pub to the prince of wales at foxfield.

Jezek Hi,

I got tickets last week at the palace game, think we have the whole end which accommodates upto 4k so you should be fine. How many of you will there be? I think were going to try the Cricket Club near the away end, think they have parking facilities also. Ministry of Ale sounds good also if its anything like the Prince of Wales :) still havnt come out of there sober yet!

UTO

just me unless i can talk the g/f in going in with me , she likes L***s scum tho !!!

are you all owls going then , aint seen any up here or in carlisle .

bridge bier house is another good pub in town centre , last time we went parking was crap .

im prob'ly going preston away in the week , U ?