Today's game v Derby

Guest Bannister

Guest barrowowl

My newphew plays for the acadamy I think the U16's, Apparently one of the Derby kids sufferred a terrible injury this weekend, does anyone have any news or a site where we can post our "get well soon" messages?

Hi mate

My lad was the other centre half playing for Derby (although we are both Wednesdayites).

It was a shocking injury both tibia and fibia broken and ankle dislocated, both lads going full pelt for a 50/50 ball. They operated yesterday (he is still in one of the Sheffield hospitals not sure which) and as far as I know all went well.

I'll have a word with his dad to see which site you can post your get well messages to, i'm sure these will help.

Cheers

Guest James-The-Owl

Hi mate

My lad was the other centre half playing for Derby (although we are both Wednesdayites).

It was a shocking injury both tibia and fibia broken and ankle dislocated, both lads going full pelt for a 50/50 ball. They operated yesterday (he is still in one of the Sheffield hospitals not sure which) and as far as I know all went well.

I'll have a word with his dad to see which site you can post your get well messages to, i'm sure these will help.

Cheers

'Kinell, sounds nasty.

Well done U18s and get well soon lad.

Hi mate

Cheers

Dreadfull injury

Hope it all goes well and he fully recovers.

I wish him well

I really do hope the lad makes a full recovery and think it would help him to know that people are wishing him all the best, maybe a blog for him somewhere.....I know it really upset my newphew who broke his own leg playing for the Wednesday acadamy last year, his parents have said the injury to the Derby lad upset him so much he said he didn't want to play anymore......I am sure he will but it is still very upsetting, I think we forget sometimes how young these guys are.

Guest barrowowl

I really do hope the lad makes a full recovery and think it would help him to know that people are wishing him all the best, maybe a blog for him somewhere.....I know it really upset my newphew who broke his own leg playing for the Wednesday acadamy last year, his parents have said the injury to the Derby lad upset him so much he said he didn't want to play anymore......I am sure he will but it is still very upsetting, I think we forget sometimes how young these guys are.

I'll pass on all these messages to him I am sure they will help and try and get some sort of blog set up, he's a cracking lad and a great player.

Am off to Forest now UTO!

Guest perry_g

I'll pass on all these messages to him I am sure they will help and try and get some sort of blog set up, he's a cracking lad and a great player.

Am off to Forest now UTO!

Hiya all im the lad who suffered the injury. I was told about this forum by my dad who was contacted by 'barrowowl'. I would like to say thank you for your support because reading it has cheered me up a great deal. My surgery went very well and because i broke both my tibia and fibia im not in a cast but have metal rings and rods around my leg helping to move the bones together so they can heal. I have begun walking on crutches already and have been told i will be out for approx 6 months. I would also like to thank the staff at Sheff Wed who helped me alot whilst i was waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

Thanks alot for your best wishes.

Perry.

Hiya all im the lad who suffered the injury. I was told about this forum by my dad who was contacted by 'barrowowl'. I would like to say thank you for your support because reading it has cheered me up a great deal. My surgery went very well and because i broke both my tibia and fibia im not in a cast but have metal rings and rods around my leg helping to move the bones together so they can heal. I have begun walking on crutches already and have been told i will be out for approx 6 months. I would also like to thank the staff at Sheff Wed who helped me alot whilst i was waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

Perry.

Glad that the surgery went well.

All the best for the future mate.

Perry.

Hey mate - great to hear from you and great your surgery went well and you're feeling positive.

Keep your chin up fella and all the best for a full recovery - hope you're back good as new next season

Perry.

Glad to hear it went well. Good luck in your recovery.