Open Day

Guest fatherjack

Guest fatherjack

just thought i would put this idea in 2 threads;

do we have a open day in summer like them across the city . watch the players train, tours around the ground plus other activitys make it on the launch day of new kit and sell new strip, get the food outlets open. make some money

LS is doing great, fair play to him, he knows what to say and do.

But let's not start thinking Owlstalk are running the club. Some people on here reckon it's down to them we've gt the Beam Back going on, and other things too. Let's let him get on with his job and support him, and most importantly the team.

LS is doing great, fair play to him, he knows what to say and do.

But let's not start thinking Owlstalk are running the club. Some people on here reckon it's down to them we've gt the Beam Back going on, and other things too. Let's let him get on with his job and support him, and most importantly the team.

Good point

Guest fatherjack

didnt say they dont know what they are doing i did say though it was just a thought

Edited by fatherjack

This is just a no-brainer and really has to happen. At the end of the day it's just damn good PR. I remember going to the one in the promotion season 90/91 - I was only 12 and it was the best day of my little life!! Going into the changing rooms, meeting some of the players, etc. I even ended up in the West Stand watching SWFC ladies and I met Dave Richards (if only I knew then what I knew now!!).

Guest Walkley_Owl

My dad works for a community trust in Sheffield and the number of times he's complained about the lack of initiatives and co-operation from Wednesday with regards to asking them to donate a prize for raffles etc compared to the Blades is actually quite staggering.

Now something like this would be a great way to build those bridges, my 7 year old sister would love to go to summat like this and i know a lot of my mates with kids would love to take em down and get ingrained into Wednesday at an early age.

I dont think we should Give Away something that could generate quite a bit of money.

How much would you pay for a Tour of the ground?

Look what happened to Bells once he had a Tour and ran down the tunnel.

All these ticket incentives have to be paid for some how, we cannot have everything for free.

I dont think we should Give Away something that could generate quite a bit of money.

How much would you pay for a Tour of the ground?

Look what happened to Bells once he had a Tour and ran down the tunnel.

All these ticket incentives have to be paid for some how, we cannot have everything for free.

Not if its classed as PR. You can't charge for an 'Open' Day. But the monies would be generated elsewhere. Just imagine the number of shirts sold in the club shop. Or the number of books, DVD's etc that people would buy just to get them signed by Brian and the team.