Are the club going to bring the catering in house and/or improve the service?

Guest Beef Chief

Guest Beef Chief

As above. I think we've all got gripes with the amount and quality of food provided at the ground.

Do the two new board members have any plans in this regard?

My guess is that the present caterers will be given a chance to improve things if they don't then it's bye bye.Standard business practice I would guess.

I was in the main reception at hillsborough on friday morning and one of the security guards came in and said to the receptionist that all catering is coming back "in house" what does that mean by the way?? (please explain in simplemans terms)

I was in the main reception at hillsborough on friday morning and one of the security guards came in and said to the receptionist that all catering is coming back "in house" what does that mean by the way?? (please explain in simplemans terms)

At the moment SWFC does not sell the food. A different company does. So SWFC will receive a fixed fee (probably) and any pies sold, the other company makes money on.

If the security guard is right SWFC will be providing the food. Which if attendances increase should mean more revenue going to the club. So, buy more pies and we can buy another striker.

At the moment SWFC does not sell the food. A different company does. So SWFC will receive a fixed fee (probably) and any pies sold, the other company makes money on.

If the security guard is right SWFC will be providing the food. Which if attendances increase should mean more revenue going to the club. So, buy more pies and we can buy another striker.

Thank you very much for that i understand now.

I have a cunning plan! Buy another striker like Leon and he will pay for himself with the pies he'll shift :rolleyes:

In all honesty though would prefer leon to score 20 instead!!

Guest intercity0wl

Im not one for posting rumours but i have been told by the only person i would quote that we have indeed bought back the contract and as from now all the club caterering is back in house. The name of a company was mentioned thik it was something like Lindlys and i took this to be the name of the old catering firm. Was also told that talks were now taking place with a drinks firm re the supply of draught drinks in the stadium. Have every reason to believe this info is correct and if so cant think of much that is left where the money spent on matchdays on either club merchandiise or half time pie and pint means profit for the club.

Im not one for posting rumours but i have been told by the only person i would quote that we have indeed bought back the contract and as from now all the club caterering is back in house. The name of a company was mentioned thik it was something like Lindlys and i took this to be the name of the old catering firm. Was also told that talks were now taking place with a drinks firm re the supply of draught drinks in the stadium. Have every reason to believe this info is correct and if so cant think of much that is left where the money spent on matchdays on either club merchandiise or half time pie and pint means profit for the club.

Not rumour. It's fact.

Answer to the original question: yes: OS

Hillsborough upgrades continue

Posted on: Thu 23 Jul 2009

Sheffield Wednesday is delighted to announce a number of improvements that will enhance supporters' enjoyment of matchdays at Hillsborough for the coming season.

With Sheffield Wednesday's brand new ticketing and retail systems now live, the club can confirm a broader range of products and better value for money on the concourses at Hillsborough.

Following a feedback from fans, the club has brought the provision of catering to supporters from concourse kiosks back under the club's direct control after outsourcing this service to an external provider for two years.

This move will allow Sheffield Wednesday to offer a wider range of food and drink products, which we believe will prove very popular to all of our supporters.

Through this process we will also provide lower prices by direct comparison to a number of the products available for supporters last season.

"One of the points raised most consistently by Wednesdayites in recent seasons has been the matchday experience at Hillsborough. There are a large number of aspects which make up the matchday experience at any club and club staff have worked hard to provide impressive new offerings for the kick-off of the new season in August.

"I am really pleased we will offer a greater variety of quality products on the concourses this year, which will be more affordable for football fans. We will soon be able to announce more details on the new food and drinks available at Hillsborough on matchdays, including a partnership with one of Sheffield's most renowned food companies and a new beer partner.

As previously announced, the South Stand at Hillsborough will have the greatest variety of food and drink options available within a premium environment for supporters. There will also be a new family environment in the North Stand, kids' meal options costing less than £3 throughout the stadium, and a number of healthy eating options.

(Apologies if pontiff feeling under the weather...)

Answer to the original question: yes: OS

Hillsborough upgrades continue

Posted on: Thu 23 Jul 2009

Sheffield Wednesday is delighted to announce a number of improvements that will enhance supporters' enjoyment of matchdays at Hillsborough for the coming season.

With Sheffield Wednesday's brand new ticketing and retail systems now live, the club can confirm a broader range of products and better value for money on the concourses at Hillsborough.

Following a feedback from fans, the club has brought the provision of catering to supporters from concourse kiosks back under the club's direct control after outsourcing this service to an external provider for two years.

This move will allow Sheffield Wednesday to offer a wider range of food and drink products, which we believe will prove very popular to all of our supporters.

Through this process we will also provide lower prices by direct comparison to a number of the products available for supporters last season.

"One of the points raised most consistently by Wednesdayites in recent seasons has been the matchday experience at Hillsborough. There are a large number of aspects which make up the matchday experience at any club and club staff have worked hard to provide impressive new offerings for the kick-off of the new season in August.

"I am really pleased we will offer a greater variety of quality products on the concourses this year, which will be more affordable for football fans. We will soon be able to announce more details on the new food and drinks available at Hillsborough on matchdays, including a partnership with one of Sheffield's most renowned food companies and a new beer partner.

As previously announced, the South Stand at Hillsborough will have the greatest variety of food and drink options available within a premium environment for supporters. There will also be a new family environment in the North Stand, kids' meal options costing less than £3 throughout the stadium, and a number of healthy eating options.

(Apologies if pontiff feeling under the weather...)

I hope the "one of sheffields most renowned food companies" is please god......beres :rolleyes: