My Phone Call From SWFC

Steve Coakley is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet and absolutely loves Sheffield Wednesday and the fans, he is a credit to the club who has achieved very good results in some very difficult times.

If you talk to Steve and other department managers about their frustrations over the last few years and the restrictions that have been placed on them you will begin to understand why we are in the situation we have found ourselves in.

We have many very knowledgeable managers and staff at the club who have a genuine passion and desire to see us succeed, many of them like Steve whilst not originally from Sheffield have grown to love the club every bit as much as the fans do. If these people are allowed to think and act as they see fit, with a little guidance our off field performance will soar.

Guest bacardi&co

Blimey, that really is something. A big genuine well done to Steve and the club.

The story of the old regime gets more shocking by the day, and I had pretty low opinions to start with.

Looks like the shackles are finally ooooooooooooooooooooff

Guest bacardi&co

WATCH THIS SPACE

I'm sure you are all aware of the troubles of this football club over the last few years (hopefully we're at the point where we can not discuss these any longer and can all just move on together).

Well during that time there was a capable, talented and hard working team of people down at the club that do all the invisible stuff behind the scenes that fans benefit from but don't necessarily know how they come about.

Well now that Lee Strafford and his team have come into the football club they have been given an opportunity to really show us what they can do.

This means that each head of department - along with their staff - are able to work freely, without constraints and with creativity and imagination to give the fans the initiatives, events and standards that we deserve

I'm aware of just a few of the many things we have to look forward to and have to say that it's not just an exciting time we have in front of us - but it's THE most exciting time coming up that I've known in all my years of supporting this football club.

The atmosphere eminating from the club and it's employees at the moment is the same as if we'd won promotion and this needs encouraging and supporting

There will be a series of initiatives, ideas, special offers and events coming out of the same management team that has been in place all these years but not really allowed to express themselves

Now that the management team can be creative I would appeal to fans to take advantage of them and enjoy the ride

The team at Hillsborough are about to REALLY show us what they can do.... !!!

The nightmare could well be over and our dreams could come true

Throws penny in wishing well

Guest BaRmY OwLs

Think yourself lucky you hadn't just popped to the shop for a pot noodle, you'd have missed the call.

:biggrin:

You also might risk being special like the pig fan

Guest jackowl1867

Dean that's just fantastic that Steve remembered this a few years on. I hope you and Lizzie enjoy your day. It does seem that the new regime is trying hard to rectify mistakes of the past.

Ok time to tell this story haha :biggrin:

Can I have an apology for the bollocking I received from an ex-employee on the bridge on a matchday a couple of seasons ago?

:biggrin:

Guest Ronaldo_1867

The whole team have a spring back in their step

Steve, Chris Caress, Dave Smith, Colin Wood etc etc

The whole place is BUZZING

I love it

Everyone's going to benefit - big time

:ph34r:

During the past few years, because of the Board, I have cancelled a planned 18th Birthday, avoided utilising the Club's facilities for other family functions and other events and took my business elsewhere. This has cost the Club thousands of pounds.

I hope that in the future, I can return to celebrating such events at Hillsborough.

It's nearly K's 40th now isn't it ? lol

Amen to that

And Steve's reyt sexeh too

:wub: