My Phone Call From SWFC

If there was ever an example of what's happening at Hillsborough and what's gone on before then surely it's this....

As some may remember, a few seasons ago I sponsored the manager's kit in the match day programme for 3 seasons - this covered Chris Turner the first season and Paul Sturrock. When you ponsor the manager / a player, it entitles you to meet said peson before a game, have photos taken and meet the players as they arrive for the game. It's a great opportunity to get photos and autographs.....

The last season I sponsored PS - I received a call from Steve Coakley at SWFC. Steve is the person in charge of such sponsorship as well as all other match day / club sponsorship and corporate activities. Steve was most appologetic and said that due to a change in match day protocol (or summat) I wouldn't be able to meet PS as promised. He stated it was out of his hands and there was nothing he could do. I fired off an email to the club at the time stating my obviuos disappointment but received nothing.

Today, more than 2 years on, I receive a phone call from Steve. He reminded me of what had happened all that time ago (I'd totally forgotten about it) and that he was now making amends for things that had happened in the past. He invited me down to meet Brian Laws at an up and coming game, to get the usual photos / meet the players etc as we had enjoyed before and at no cost. To say I was gob smacked is an understatement. So now next Saturday before the Charlton game my daughter and I will meet BL and the players before the game, get in the dressing room / meet the players etc.

I can't thank Steve enough for this. I never held him responsible for our let down in the first place (I knew who was responsible and Steve was so embarrassed I felt sorry for him) and for him to now be putting things straight more than 2 years on is a prime example of the type of people SWFC have had working for them for years but who for some insane reason have been totally restricted in doing their job.

Cheers Steve - and you can be assured I'll be looking at renewing some sponsorship of some sort next season.

Guest Distraught!

If there was ever an example of what's happening at Hillsborough and what's gone on before then surely it's this....

As some may remember, a few seasons ago I sponsored the manager's kit in the match day programme for 3 seasons - this covered Chris Turner the first season and Paul Sturrock. When you ponsor the manager / a player, it entitles you to meet said peson before a game, have photos taken and meet the players as they arrive for the game. It's a great opportunity to get photos and autographs.....

The last season I sponsored PS - I received a call from Steve Coakley at SWFC. Steve is the person in charge of such sponsorship as well as all other match day / club sponsorship and corporate activities. Steve was most appologetic and said that due to a change in match day protocol (or summat) I wouldn't be able to meet PS as promised. He stated it was out of his hands and there was nothing he could do. I fired off an email to the club at the time stating my obviuos disappointment but received nothing.

Today, more than 2 years on, I receive a phone call from Steve. He reminded me of what had happened all that time ago (I'd totally forgotten about it) and that he was now making amends for things that had happened in the past. He invited me down to meet Brian Laws at an up and coming game, to get the usual photos / meet the players etc as we had enjoyed before and at no cost. To say I was gob smacked is an understatement. So now next Saturday before the Charlton game my daughter and I will meet BL and the players before the game, get in the dressing room / meet the players etc.

I can't thank Steve enough for this. I never held him responsible for our let down in the first place (I knew who was responsible and Steve was so embarrassed I felt sorry for him) and for him to now be putting things straight more than 2 years on is a prime example of the type of people SWFC have had working for them for years but who for some insane reason have been totally restricted in doing their job.

Cheers Steve - and you can be assured I'll be looking at renewing some sponsorship of some sort next season.

Great Story! I hope that you and your daughter have a great time! :biggrin::biggrin:

Thats great

Its impressive that he remembered and fits in with the statements that the staff have had no freedom in recent years.

I dont understand what the previous chairman and CEO expected to achieve though, how would it help the club or save money...theyve always baffled me

Thats great

Its impressive that he remembered and fits in with the statements that the staff have had no freedom in recent years.

I dont understand what the previous chairman and CEO expected to achieve though, how would it help the club or save money...theyve always baffled me

I always used to say it's like they were deliberately running the club to ruin

In jest of course....

We need to make as many of these "the philosophy at Hillsborough" has changed stories as public as possible so we can all see what massive changes are taking place!

Enjoy your day D - lets hope we also get a huge win :biggrin:

Edited by Spookone

Guest halfpint

As I have said in other posts the two new board members are like a breath of fresh air compared to what we have had for the past few years. :biggrin:

thats awesome, just think how easy it could be to ignore/forget something like that but to come back and make amends 2 years later.

This is just saloon bar mutterings here but what do we reckon the chances are that Steve and others at the club have spent the last week ringing round and apologising to a list of ppl that may have been shat on/treated shabbily over the past 5 years or so.

Not mentioning any names like.