Seven out of 16 delights McAuley

Seven out of 16 delights McAuley

Posted on: Wed 17 Dec 2008

Posted Image

Academy manager, Sean McAuley, was pleased to see a total of seven players from the Owls youth set-up involved in Saturday's first team squad against Bristol City.

Injuries to first team players meant that Brian Laws put 17-year-old striker Nathan Modest in the matchday squad as a substitute. The first year scholar was an unused substitute in the 0-0 draw but was joined by six other players who started their careers in the Owls academy.

Team captain, Richard Wood, was joined in the defence by fellow academy graduates Mark Beevers and Tommy Spurr while Sean McAllister continued his impressive run in the side, having featured in every match of the season so far.

Making up the bench were 19-year-olds, Richard O'Donnell and Rocky Lekaj, who also progressed through the youth ranks at Middlewood Road to earn professional contracts.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/Academy/0,,10304~1489216,00.html

Owlstalk Shop

I know a few are in the team because we have no other cover but it's still pleasing and promising to see so many coming through the academy. It's been such an important part of our football club in the last few years and long may it continue.

Guest bacardi&co

I know a few are in the team because we have no other cover but it's still pleasing and promising to see so many coming through the academy. It's been such an important part of our football club in the last few years and long may it continue.

Guest christheowl

I found out yesterday just how much Sean is paid, Its an absolute disgrace for the work he has done !

Give the man a salary that he deserves !