food and drink

Guest gasby*

i am very excited about the new dawn at hillsboro, me ,my son, my cousin, his son, are season ticket holders, which in themselves are expensive, the food outlets are a massive rip off, 4 teas, 2 chip butties for the kids around 10-12 pound and thats before the game cant afford to get anything at halftime. could bring flask and sandwiches but why should we. this day out should be affordable?.... i hope the new regime address this issue ,make it affordable and inviting for familes to come and get behind the team..............whats your opinion

We need to get out of the 'captive market' mindset. Make stuff cheaper, we'll sell more, therefore make more profit cos we get a bigger bulk discount at the start. Add to this the hope there will be more supporters in the ground and we're getting back on track. Simple really.

The fact that the catering people pay a set amount each week breeds lazines. Get the food and drink back in house and lets see some improvements. Also, if its made public that the catering is back in house and all profits go to the club in some way, the cost is more bearable. The other week i left the queue cos 2nd half was about to kick off and i thought 'flip em, if they cant sort out the service etc i'm not giving em money as it doesnt benefit the club'. I'd have waited if it did.

i am very excited about the new dawn at hillsboro, me ,my son, my cousin, his son, are season ticket holders, which in themselves are expensive, the food outlets are a massive rip off, 4 teas, 2 chip butties for the kids around 10-12 pound and thats before the game cant afford to get anything at halftime. could bring flask and sandwiches but why should we. this day out should be affordable?.... i hope the new regime address this issue ,make it affordable and inviting for familes to come and get behind the team..............whats your opinion

Go the chippy on Peniston Road, just up from the ticket office, and get yer chip butties for £1.40 each. Better value than anything you can by inside the ground. Take a flask, cos wherever you buy tea from outlets such as at the ground, the tea's God awful anyway.

Go the chippy on Peniston Road, just up from the ticket office, and get yer chip butties for £1.40 each. Better value than anything you can by inside the ground. Take a flask, cos wherever you buy tea from outlets such as at the ground, the tea's God awful anyway.

That's exactly the attitude that needs changing.

Your, and my, money should be spent in the ground on a quality product, with efficient service and at an affordable price.

I can't wait for the new regime to deliver. (or chicken)

That's exactly the attitude that needs changing.

Your, and my, money should be spent in the ground on a quality product, with efficient service and at an affordable price.

I can't wait for the new regime to deliver. (or chicken)

No it shouldn't. The club have had almost £500.00 from me for my season ticket, and if it went up to £1000.00 next season, they'd have £1000.00 from me. I buy merchandise at the club shop, but have never eaten food, in any kind of football stadium, anywhere I've been, which is any different to what's on sale in Hillsborough. The moeny I spend before the game, goes to the people who own the shop, the money you spend inside the ground at the food outlets, unless I'm very much mistaken, doesn't go to the club, because they've franchised the food outlets out.

The best football stadium I've been to, in the UK at any rate, was the Millenium Stadium, and what was on sale there was no better, or any cheaper, than what's on sale at Hillsborough. I've watched Wednesday play in about 85 different stadiums, and they're all the same, food wise, ie, second rate.

We need to get out of the 'captive market' mindset. Make stuff cheaper, we'll sell more, therefore make more profit cos we get a bigger bulk discount at the start. Add to this the hope there will be more supporters in the ground and we're getting back on track. Simple really.

The fact that the catering people pay a set amount each week breeds lazines. Get the food and drink back in house and lets see some improvements. Also, if its made public that the catering is back in house and all profits go to the club in some way, the cost is more bearable. The other week i left the queue cos 2nd half was about to kick off and i thought 'flip em, if they cant sort out the service etc i'm not giving em money as it doesnt benefit the club'. I'd have waited if it did.

What's the "We" mean? The caterers are independant contractors and the object of any business is to make the biggest feasible profit.

If you make stuff cheaper you might sell more but it might not mean you get the bulk cheaper.

Not only that, selling more stuff means more cost of transportation, storage space and costs, staffing costs as more people will have to be employed, longer preparation times, even stuff such as the competitors outside the ground - the list can go on and on.

Running a business is not as simple as saying buy more bulk, many business got to pot because they don't know their limits.

Might be feasible to buy out of the contract?

I'm sure it would. Early termination in accords like this would surely be costly though

Do we have any say what so ever on what goes on with regards to catering?

Surely there are stipulations on what can and cannot be sold though?

I'm sure it would. Early termination in accords like this would surely be costly though

Do we have any say what so ever on what goes on with regards to catering?

Surely there are stipulations on what can and cannot be sold though?

poor service = breach of contract ? maybe

No it shouldn't. The club have had almost £500.00 from me for my season ticket, and if it went up to £1000.00 next season, they'd have £1000.00 from me. I buy merchandise at the club shop, but have never eaten food, in any kind of football stadium, anywhere I've been, which is any different to what's on sale in Hillsborough. The moeny I spend before the game, goes to the people who own the shop, the money you spend inside the ground at the food outlets, unless I'm very much mistaken, doesn't go to the club, because they've franchised the food outlets out.

The best football stadium I've been to, in the UK at any rate, was the Millenium Stadium, and what was on sale there was no better, or any cheaper, than what's on sale at Hillsborough. I've watched Wednesday play in about 85 different stadiums, and they're all the same, food wise, ie, second rate.

I've not spent ANY money with the club, apart from my season ticket, for over 3 years. I refuse to go to non-football social events held at the ground and boycotted the Wednesdayite AGM to avoid giving money to the old regime.

You're right in saying that money spent in the food kiosks at Hillsborough goes to a franchise, that needs changing too.

I sit on the kop but I am considering moving next season after seeing the quality of food on the South Stand, I was stood at HT and a guy walked past me with chips, pie & gravy on a tray, the best you hope for on the Kop is that there is a wooden stirrer for your bovril.

I sit on the kop but I am considering moving next season after seeing the quality of food on the South Stand, I was stood at HT and a guy walked past me with chips, pie & gravy on a tray, the best you hope for on the Kop is that there is a wooden stirrer for your bovril.

I think the plan is to have it available on all stands.

They also need to sort out the prices, £1.80 for a bottle of water, I got one for 60p on the way to the ground.....