DVD's of Past Season Reviews/Great Matches

Hey Guys

In the club shop there is only a low selection of available DVD's, mostly recent triumphs i.e cardiff and a few season reviews. Being 22 myself, I find the 90's quite a nostalgic period for wednesday.

I think it would be great to release (if possible) DVD's of season reviews and great games from the 90's or earlier (again if possible) Because lets face it... who still owns a VHS player! lol

These include:

* Season Reviews from each of our Premiership Glory Years and our promotion/league cup winning campaign

(the club shop do play the VHS (video tape versions) of these in the store, I saw the 1991/1992 recently)

* SWFC vs SUFC at wembley. surely this would be worth a commercial release??? I believe the BBC have the footage, seen it on google video.

* Maybe a 'best of DVD' showing the good memories of the last 10 years, probably would be a short dvd but never mind! i.e Ekoku against the pigs in the cup, Owusu at Hillsborough, THAT Hamshaw goal and that Di Piedi Over Head Kick?

oh and hopefully we will have the original footage somewhere because the encoding from VHS to DVD isn't very good, resulting in poor quality DVD's i.e 100 Greatest Wednesday goals... the picture quality is awful on that DVD.. I don't expect HD though! lol.

What does everybody think? Would you buy such DVD's?

An alternate to this would be to upload such content to wednesday world (they have some stuff but still not enough really).

This is probably do-able? They could then be played in the new lounge :biggrin:

any1 have any other dvd ideas?

I would love to see Blackburn v Sheff Wed from the Coca Cola semi in 1993. ITV showed the home and away legs live.

That Ewood Park game was the best Wednesday I have ever seen. We completely demolished Blackburn after conceding an early goal! Also that bloke with the wooden crutches in the uncovered Darwen End was quality.

The 2nd leg at Hillsboro was a tense affair. Remember Roland Nilsson making a RARE error. A simple pass from Nilsson to Chris Woods went past hapless Chris Woods and hit the post before going out!!

ITV must have the footage. Cant this be released on DVD?

Edited by wednesdayinsane

Same here

even better if they were Divx Downloads - I'd buy them NOW and put them on my Archos

I made my own 90/91, 91/92, The Will To Win, League Cup Glory, and Chelsea League Cup Semi-Final (both legs) from my VHS originals.

They look great.

I always wanted (sh)ITV to do what the BBC did with their 'Match of the Day' video and put together a compilation of loads of stuff from the archives, especially from the days before official end of season reviews. With the regional programmes Yorkshire TV used to have on Sunday afternoons, presumably they would have loads of interesting stuff that has not been easily available before. But I suppose they would argue such an endeavour would not be cost effective for them?

I would love to see Blackburn v Sheff Wed from the Coca Cola semi in 1993. ITV showed the home and away legs live.

That Ewood Park game was the best Wednesday I have ever seen. We completely demolished Blackburn after conceding an early goal! Also that bloke with the wooden crutches in the uncovered Darwen End was quality.

The 2nd leg at Hillsboro was a tense affair. Remember Roland Nilsson making a RARE error. A simple pass from Nilsson to Chris Woods went past hapless Chris Woods and hit the post before going out!!

ITV must have the footage. Cant this be released on DVD?

I used to have and prob still have -int' loft anything about wednesday that appeared on tv. I certainly not a techno phobe can anyone advise a good /best way way to preserve what must be deteriorating vhs tapes?

I've seen these video to usb gadgets in catalogues has anyone used them?

I used to have and prob still have -int' loft anything about wednesday that appeared on tv. I certainly not a techno phobe can anyone advise a good /best way way to preserve what must be deteriorating vhs tapes?

I've seen these video to usb gadgets in catalogues has anyone used them?

i bought a cheap dvd RECORDER from asda (about £40) connected it to my old vhs player with a scart lead and copied my season reviews that way.

i bought a cheap dvd RECORDER from asda (about £40) connected it to my old vhs player with a scart lead and copied my season reviews that way.

cheers mate but wondered about putting them on a hard drive via computer using that gadget is it worth the £40 it costs ? yes could do the dvd hard drive more versatile i think

90/91 Fight for Promotion

91/92 Its a kind of Magic

92/93 Season Review

Those 3 are a MUST to be re sold on DVD....they have my money already if they did it....surely they can sort out any rights issues with them being over 15 years old

Got them on DVD already :biggrin:

I've got the 88-89 and 89-90 on VHS.

I remember getting them from Virgin Megastore for 99p each.

I win.

Working on the house of an ex-Wednesday commercial director who was about to sell all his old VHS's at a car boot sale, I bought all his old Wednesday tapes for 50p each :biggrin:

Also got a full laurel and hardy set for about a tenne.r

Great stuff.

I've got the following on VHS that all need converting to DVD (or begging off Nick King, tbh):

Match Of The Day SWFC

1990/91 Mid-season review

1990/91 League Cup Glory

1990/91 Fight For Promotion (full-season review)

1991/92 A Kind Of Magic (full-season review)

1992/93 mid-season review

1992/93 full season review

SWFC 100 Great Goals

1993/94 full-season review

The Pride And The Glory (music + Owls magic moments)

1996/97 full-season review

SWFC Heroes & Villains (music + Owls magic moments)

And on tape from the telly I've got

1991 Rumbelows Final

1993 Steel City Semi

1993 Blackburn Home/Away Semi

1993 FA Cup Final (not the replay)

1993 League Cup Final

Plus a load of Football Focus features, MOTD clips etc from the early and mid-nineties.

What I have -

Eight 1960's matches from MoTD

Loads of clips from the 70's from ITV

Match of the Day video from the BBC

four 80's DVD highlights from some bloke on eBay

Season review from 88/89 onwards apart from 95/96, 99/00 and 02/03