Herts Fan with a twist

Hey to all the owls here =]

I am from the Hertfordshire region and occasionally go to the Owl games but with college commitments I can't make too many. Now, I don't particularly have many links into Sheffield at all, the closest is a distant uncle who too is an Wednesday supporter. But that's not the reason I support them, no... in fact it was a result of a cuddly girrafe toy that wore the a blue and white striped kit from Toys R Us.

Now, I was quite taken with it when it was laying on the shelves at an age of 8 I just took a liking to it. So I did the usual pleading and managed to get the toy bought for me. At the time I played football regularly but never followed a team. So, I asked my older brother which team wears this blue and white kit.. his reply being Sheffield Wednesday or Brighton. If I had chosen the latter, I could be along a very different path right now, but I chose the former =]

Since then, Sheffield Wednesday have, and always will, been my team. I would always talk to my friends about the usual- Di Canio, Carbone and even the big Kevin Pressman. But I also at the time loved Giles Di Bilde, and have 2 shirts with his name on the back. I loved how noone knew who I was talking about as they bigged up the usual players from Spurs and Arsenal. The first game I went to was Wednesday versus Leeds for my 9th birthday; my Dad was a leeds fan! I remember a very scrappy game and I think Leeds came away with the victory of 2-0. I bought a wallet with the badge on the front and still use it to this day! I have seen more and more games as I've grown older, perhaps the one that stands out the most was in '07 when we beat Leeds 3-2 :cool:

I'm heading down to Ipswich on Saturday and hope to see the Owls romp to a victory!

Hey to all the owls here =]

I am from the Hertfordshire region and occasionally go to the Owl games but with college commitments I can't make too many. Now, I don't particularly have many links into Sheffield at all, the closest is a distant uncle who too is an Wednesday supporter. But that's not the reason I support them, no... in fact it was a result of a cuddly girrafe toy that wore the a blue and white striped kit from Toys R Us.

Now, I was quite taken with it when it was laying on the shelves at an age of 8 I just took a liking to it. So I did the usual pleading and managed to get the toy bought for me. At the time I played football regularly but never followed a team. So, I asked my older brother which team wears this blue and white kit.. his reply being Sheffield Wednesday or Brighton. If I had chosen the latter, I could be along a very different path right now, but I chose the former =]

Since then, Sheffield Wednesday have, and always will, been my team. I would always talk to my friends about the usual- Di Canio, Carbone and even the big Kevin Pressman. But I also at the time loved Giles Di Bilde, and have 2 shirts with his name on the back. I loved how noone knew who I was talking about as they bigged up the usual players from Spurs and Arsenal. The first game I went to was Wednesday versus Leeds for my 9th birthday; my Dad was a leeds fan! I remember a very scrappy game and I think Leeds came away with the victory of 2-0. I bought a wallet with the badge on the front and still use it to this day! I have seen more and more games as I've grown older, perhaps the one that stands out the most was in '07 when we beat Leeds 3-2 :cool:

I'm heading down to Ipswich on Saturday and hope to see the Owls romp to a victory!

your havin a girrafe arn't you. no seriously though good story, i bet your glad Wigan wern't "big "at the time

Edited by nunbarrtowls