Real Ale?

Guest plentyoftheblue

Guest plentyoftheblue

Real ale needs to be sold within 3 to 4 days. Pushed to 7 it really starts to lose quality. Also the barrel can't be moved when tapped. Cask beer would be more hassle than its worth.

Even kegged beer would be a pain in the concourse. For speed and even quality your better off with cans and bottles. I know people want a "proper pint" but think of stock control, line cleaning, coolers, storage, wastage etc.

Do they not have draught Carlsberg on the south stand?...remember sitting on their couple of seasons ago and they had them machines that poured 4/6 pints in one go....

Guest Walkley_Owl

Do they not have draught Carlsberg Danish wee wee on the south stand?...remember sitting on their couple of seasons ago and they had them machines that poured 4/6 pints in one go....

Get some decent lager in and stop letting idiots work behind the counters, sorted.

Do they not have draught Carlsberg on the south stand?...remember sitting on their couple of seasons ago and they had them machines that poured 4/6 pints in one go....

Tbh I don't know. Will have a look and taste on Saturday as I am bringing the wife and she can drive home. :biggrin:

Tbh I don't know. Will have a look and taste on Saturday as I am bringing the wife and she can drive home. :biggrin:

They do have Carlsberg and Export. Both are horrible though, the Export marginally less so.

They do have Carlsberg and Export. Both are horrible though, the Export marginally less so.

That is my experience of lines that are only used once a week or every 2 weeks. They need to be cleaned straight after a game. Clean water put in, with fresh water pulled through the lines regular. Then cleaned before they start serving again. Then more than likely its served in a flimsy plastic cup that taints the taste of the lager/beer anyway.

I know cans and bottles are not always peoples preference but for me its the only way to keep some kind of quality in stadium/event circumstances. Ive seen becks/bud etc served in plastic bottles similar to coke bottles. This would enable you to drink straight from the bottle and not have to use cheap plastic cups.