North Stand Bars

Guest plentyoftheblue

Guest plentyoftheblue

Start pouring pints 10 minutes before half time, then when the whistle blows we have a head start to get people served quicker, I'm sure we would serve a lot more people at half possibly serve some people twice if they see a small qeue.

Also it maybe a good idea to get beer on draught, with them machines that pour 4/6 pints at a time - they have them in South stand and they seem to work well

If they can pour them quick enough, any man worth his salt can down at least 2 pints at half time, though I doubt if anyone can afford them anymore!

Out of interest what do they serve and what is it a pint (compared to a boozer).

Guest Walkley_Owl

Pah, they taste horrible out of a plastic bottle, Carlsberg Export doesn't come in plastic bottles either and neither does the Tetleys

In theatres, you pre-order and pay and get a receipt. All the pre-ordered drinks could be held in one area thus freeing up bar space for other customers.

It's not rocket science....it's called knowing what you're doing. Lets hope we have those people in place soon.

Guest plentyoftheblue

I have had an mail from David Smith (Head of Catering) at the club regarding this issue.

Apparently they trialled this on the South Stand a couple of seasons ago, but didn't go down to well :-( (see below)

"Hi,

We are looking at various ways to improve the service / offerings all round the stadium. This project is ongoing and we are in a fantastic position to make a real difference.

With your suggestion, the idea in principle is a good one but has a couple of drawbacks. We tried this system a few seasons ago on the south stand and it didn’t go down very well. The basic reason for this was that the majority of customers refused to buy the pre-poured pints saying that they wanted a fresh one, we ended up throwing away dozens of pints of lager / beer.

Ideally on the North stand we would be serving draught beers and lagers like they do on the south, but due to the size of the existing kiosks, this is not possible. You need an adequate cellar to cool the barrels / pipes and there simply isn’t room with what we have got at the moment.

Having said that, there are a couple of areas that we are looking at as part of the project and there is a real possibility that we could convert one of these into a cellar. This is by no means concrete but I can assure you that we are revisiting everything that we do to see,

How we can do things better

What better quality we can offer

What the fans really want and how we can deliver this

Etc. etc

Please keep the suggestions coming, as they are all welcomed and valued."

I'd like to thank David with taking the time to explain this, he's obviously reading the forum for suggestion/ideas which I also think is a great idea, and I'm sure we will see a difference given time.

Well done David and SWFC!!!!

Well done David and SWFC!!!!

I don't know how long David has been there, but I suggested this 2 years ago and got the same "we've tried this and people won't buy it answer" regarding pre-pours on south stand.

They may still be thinking about improvements, but 2 years later and all they have done is think about it.

We even have mulit-pour devices that sit never used whilst 2 people pour a pint each... Unreal.

The caters we have also operate at Old Trafford, I bet Man U don't get the same bad service as SWFC!

Start pouring pints 10 minutes before half time, then when the whistle blows we have a head start to get people served quicker, I'm sure we would serve a lot more people at half possibly serve some people twice if they see a small qeue.

When our village had a pit, (Pre-Heseltine) there was always a big Remembrance Sunday church parade which started and finished at the British Legion Club. The colliery band would lead the parade, followed by the ex-servicemen, the

St. Johns Ambulance Brigade, and then any other hangers-on, (there was always two free pints for parade members).

The Vicar, an ex-serviceman himself, always concluded the service by 11.45am. in order for the parade to be back at

the Legion for opening time. On the order "Parade Dismissed", there was an almighty rush for the entrance, to be first to the bar. The long bar would be covered with full pint pots, and some half full ones ( to be filled for "mixed" drinkers).

thus the whole of the parade could be served in no time at all.

Oh Happy Days!!

The long bar would be covered with full pint pots

Yep, I even suggested pre-paying for half-time beers before kick-off. This way, you could have a queue for pre-paid and the bar staff would know exactly how many beers were require prior to half-time.

With the 6 pint pouring machines, I bet they could prepare 60 pints in the four minutes before the half-time whistle.