Ticket office and Megastore Closed today

We ended up closing today because there was that little amount of business that it was costing more to stay open.....it would be interesting to see just how many people actually went to the store today i bet no more than 20.

So I take it you work in the megastore ?

So, you only got paid up to the point you closed ? Don't think so !!!!!

We ended up closing today because there was that little amount of business that it was costing more to stay open.....it would be interesting to see just how many people actually went to the store today i bet no more than 20.

That would explain last year when I trundled down to buy extra derby day tickets, only to disappointingly find the shop was closed.

So I take it you work in the megastore ?

No

So, you only got paid up to the point you closed ? Don't think so !!!!!

Yes that what happens mate. Required to use holiday time or work hours back if you want the money.

I trust the original poster works, and if so presume that he/she is on holiday??????

Are the staff at SWFC not entitled to time off? also taking in to consideration that they worked on Boxing Day?

Give the guys a break.

With all due respect - they are a service industry and should provide a service!

Staff do need holidays but - surely not all at the same time and just before a cup game where everyone who want to attend have to buy a ticket.

I am pretty sure when Mr Strafford made a success of Plusnet - they had the right staff available when they were needed.

In another thread I predicted a 18000 max crowd on Saturday - it may well be lower :excl:

As a rule of thumb, exactly, but it's New Years Eve, i went on Monday but had a look when it was open as it's the Hol's

The ticket office staff deserve time off and it's not as if they have 20 people working in there where they can rota it

When a business is in the state of SWFC, every ticket sale is vital. I'm sure the poor soles in the ticket office get their annual leave like the rest of us.............

With all due respect - they are a service industry and should provide a service!

Staff do need holidays but - surely not all at the same time and just before a cup game where everyone who want to attend have to buy a ticket.

I am pretty sure when Mr Strafford made a success of Plusnet - they had the right staff available when they were needed.

In another thread I predicted a 18000 max crowd on Saturday - it may well be lower :excl:

you DONT need to buy a ticket beforehand

Its obvious just from reading this thread that the buying of tickets and comunication of opening times is a major issue for this new regime to address .

I cannot believe that some posters are actually trying to defend the club on this point .

Basic retail fundamentals .

Sell the customer what he wants

When he wants it .

Then keep selling to him

Business happy, customer happy

Cushty .

Guest BigDave

When a business is in the state of SWFC, every ticket sale is vital. I'm sure the poor soles in the ticket office get their annual leave like the rest of us.............

I agree with what you are saying, i'm just saying it's 1 day, it can almost be expected that some business's close early as has happened for as long as most can remember on New Year's Eve

The problem is the club don't advertise the fact apart from a printed piece of paper on the shop door with the hol's opening time's on, you only know the time's if you are at the shop which is pointless

How hard would it be to have a direct link to the opening time's on the os homepage

Edited by BigDave

Guest fatowl1967

Goes back to what we keep on hearing - it's too difficult to get tickets for our matches.

not for Fulham it isn't, you can pay on the day

I agree with what you are saying, i'm just saying it's 1 day, it can almost be expected that some business's close early as has happened for as long as most can remember on New Year's Eve

The problem is the club don't advertise the fact apart from a printed piece of paper on the shop door with the hol's opening time's on, you only know the time's if you are at the shop which is pointless

How hard would it be to have a direct link to the opening time's on the os homepage

One thing is apparant

There has to be a large banner on the home page of the SWFC site with the most important short term messages on

e.g. TICKET OFFICE CLOSED NEW YEARS EVE

or

CHARLTON DISCOUNT TICKETS ENDS XXX DATE - IT WILL BE FULL PRICE ON THE GATE

etc

Owlstalk Shop

not for Fulham it isn't, you can pay on the day

We know that through hearsay, but where does it announce it officially. This is the message we are trying to send out to the club......sort the O/S site out. Edited by marconi

Guest BigDave

We know that through hearsay, but where does it announce it officially.

So the 1 thing to come out of this thread again is the wee wee poor communication between the club and fan's

A fantastic idea of Neil's about the banner, the first thing you see when you log on the os is all the latest information regarding ticket's, opening time's, special offer's etc with a direct link from owlstalk to it, come on SWFC it's so easy

Guest fatowl1967

We know that through hearsay, but where does it announce it officially. This is the message we are trying to send out to the club......sort the O/S site out.

I agree about the O/S not being up to date / giving clear info out on some occasions but this match has been advertised as £15/£5 since just after the draw/KW negotiations with Fulham. It hasn't been advertised as all ticket anywhere, therefore it is clearly pay on the gate if you wish.

I think another difficulty of getting tickets from hillsborough box office is that it only opens from 9 until 5 on a weekday making it difficult for people at work to come over and buy a ticket.It has to be more customer friendly.Contrast that with United's which open 9 until 7 on Thursday and Friday's before a home game.Barnsley's ticket office opens one late night a week too.

Another thing why are the prices for the Charlton game put back to normal prices on the day of the game.United play Norwich on the 10th of January with the same prices as the Charlton game yet they are still selling tickets at a tenner/fiver on the day of the game.why can't we do the same at hillsborough ?