QUESTIONS FOR SEAN MCAULEY/ACADEMY STAFF

Luke Boden = not a very quick thinker :biggrin:

Neither am I when surrounded with woman, especially if they are looking decent :rolleyes:

Will scouts be attending some football community programme Bebby's school (place of learning) are involved with? A: yes.

Would the academy receive more money if we sold a product of it (ie Boden) for £4m? A: No (in a roundabout way)

What's the scouting structure? A: We've got scouts all over the area and on top of that, people that report to those scouts and recommendations etc

Should I take my lad down to United for a trial at 2 years old? A: Don't be a div

Has anyone worked out how much it's cost to produce each player? A: It'd be impossible

Has anyone worked out how much it's cost to produce each player? A: It'd be impossible

How fast can Modest run 100m? A: Wikipedia says 12.6 seconds but he says faster

Has the off field side given the players a buzz? A: (Boden) Errr not really, it doesn't affect us

What advice would you give an U11s team? A: (SMc) Enjoy your football and create space and time

Are 16 year olds too old? A: Up to 14 players go in our special programme and we keep even if don't make grade straight away, at 16 they go in to our academy if they're good enough

And that's it ?! What a a rip-off ! :dry: :dry: :dry:

Guest jimmyowl77

Malek

Main questions asked (that I can remember..!)

Will scouts be attending some football community programme Bebby's school (place of learning) are involved with? A: yes.

Would the academy receive more money if we sold a product of it (ie Boden) for £4m? A: No (in a roundabout way)

What's the scouting structure? A: We've got scouts all over the area and on top of that, people that report to those scouts and recommendations etc

Should I take my lad down to United for a trial at 2 years old? A: Don't be a div

Has the off field side given the players a buzz? A: (Boden) Errr not really, it doesn't affect us

What advice would you give an U11s team? A: (SMc) Enjoy your football and create space and time

Are 16 year olds too old? A: Up to 14 players go in our special programme and we keep even if don't make grade straight away, at 16 they go in to our academy if they're good enough

Errrrr I've forgot the rest...

:angry: That wasn't funny, I was busting for the lav but didn't want to miss any answers, it was like groundhog day

Guest jimmyowl77

Malek

Main questions asked (that I can remember..!)

Errrrr I've forgot the rest...

You've forgot the " I run a U11's team , None of them will make it!" :laugh:

Guest tomarkley

The Government set down a target of having ALL academy coaches to have their UEFA 'B' license or higher, but due to a shortgage of qualified coaches, people can now work in Academies if they are "working towards" their level three.

What I'd like to know, is how many of our coaches have their UEFA 'B' (or 1st4sport level 3) badge, and how many do we have who are level 2 but working towards level 3?

I've even heard that Chesterfield have a level one coach employed!

Edited by tomarkley

The Government set down a target of having ALL academy coaches to have their UEFA 'B' license or higher, but due to a shortgage of qualified coaches, people can now work in Academies if they are "working towards" their level three.

What I'd like to know, is how many of our coaches have their UEFA 'B' (or 1st4sport level 3) badge, and how many do we have who are level 2 but working towards level 3?

I've even heard that Chesterfield have a level one coach employed!

It's an FA directive not the govt - and if they hadn't managed to make the qualifications almost a closed shop then a lot more people would be doing them i guess.

They're crap anyway - but at least they prove that people have undertaken a recognised course

Guest tomarkley

Well I've got my level one, thought it was a bit basic but I'm hoping the level two is a little better.

Are you a coach Scram? I do a little bit and its something I'm looking into doing full time in some capacity but I've got plenty of time (I'm only 22).

Would be handy to ask a few questions to someone who knows what they are talking about!

Tom,

As you will have noticed, the Level One award is tailored for very basic football coaching and "interested spectators". It is more aboutt getting people to grasp how to run sessions safely and emphasis is on enjoyment.

Level 2 is a good step-up as it demands the coach to draw on his/her own football knowledge and requires more specific coaching. There are more opportuniites ofr getting involved in correcting poor play or technique and applying some motiviational factors into sessions.

It is extremely worthwhile and is probably the first step for serious budding coaches. Level One, like I say, is very much for the volunteer/parent type who want to help out.

Would definetly recommend anyone who wants to take there coaching seriously to get this qualification and look at this as being the basic. Very enjoyable.

Edited by lincolnowl

Well I've got my level one, thought it was a bit basic but I'm hoping the level two is a little better.

Are you a coach Scram? I do a little bit and its something I'm looking into doing full time in some capacity but I've got plenty of time (I'm only 22).

Would be handy to ask a few questions to someone who knows what they are talking about!

I am qualified but don't do a great deal of coaching now - i have moved to the medical side - still do bits and pieces and am still a FACA member

I really don't like our coach education tbh

Guest tomarkley

Tom,

As you will have noticed, the Level One award is tailored for very basic football coaching and "interested spectators". It is more aboutt getting people to grasp how to run sessions safely and emphasis is on enjoyment.

Level 2 is a good step-up as it demands the coach to draw on his/her own football knowledge and requires more specific coaching. There are more opportuniites ofr getting involved in correcting poor play or technique and applying some motiviational factors into sessions.

It is extremely worthwhile and is probably the first step for serious budding coaches. Level One, like I say, is very much for the volunteer/parent type who want to help out.

Would definetly recommend anyone who wants to take there coaching seriously to get this qualification and look at this as being the basic. Very enjoyable.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

I did enjoy doing my L1 badge, but it didn't teach a great deal about anything I didn't already know. I definitely don't feel it was a waste of time though as I had a good chat with the FA Assessor who basically said I had dealt with adversity very well, was suited to coaching and should go on and do my L2.

Hopefully I will do my L2 and prove him correct, although the Sheffield and Hallamshire FA aren't doing any L2 courses in Sheffield anytime soon, the one at Thomas Rotherham College I've missed the deadline for - and the next one is in the Dearne Valley somewhere. I've got plenty of time though, I'm planning on doing a bit of volunteer coaching with a Sheffield Based girls team that I've got existing links to through relatives - It will be a good learning curve.

There's no point rushing anyway, apprently the pass rate on the L2 is only about 60% so I need to make sure I have plenty of time and experience so I'm not biting off more than I can chew..