Max Wragg

Guest Sheff Owl

For those who don't follow the academy, the name of Maxwell Wragg on the team sheet will have been a surprise. Who is he? Where's he come from? Well, I'll introduce you shall I?

Max Wragg is a versatile defender from the Grenoside area of Sheffield. He joined the Owls as a fresh faced 12-year-old having previously played for Ecclesfield Red Rose and Sheffield Rangers. Wragg has also represented Sheffield Boys alongside fellow academy player Callum Harrison.

Seventeen-year-old Max is a full back by trade, but has impressed at centre back for the academy in recent weeks. The youngster has progressed steadily in his time at Wednesday and has become a regular name in the Reserves, coming up against some testing opposition in the form of Middlesbrough's Adam Johnson, before featuring on the Owls youthful bench against Fulham at the weekend.

Wragg's strengths come in the form of getting stuck in despite his smaller size. The modern game demands full backs get forward and Wragg is no exception, displaying bundles of energy in getting up and down the pitch. The modern day game also demands players be quicker and stronger and Wragg hopes that sessions in the gym will help him improve in this area.

By all accounts Wragg is a lively character and with him being a lifelong Owls fan too, he brings all sorts of other assets to the dressing room.

The youngster's emergence is timely, his apprenticeship runs out at the end of the season and he will be hoping to become another name on the seemingly endless production line of academy graduates at Hillsborough.

Guest sweet sheri

Does anyone know if his Dad is Tim Wragg? The resmblence is there and his background fits into place.

I used to play local non league football with Tim, an uncompromising centre half and a top OWL!

Sadly lost touch with most of my football playing mates.

Does anyone know if his Dad is Tim Wragg? The resmblence is there and his background fits into place.

I used to play local non league football with Tim, an uncompromising centre half and a top OWL!

Sadly lost touch with most of my football playing mates.

Yes his dad is Tim Wragg better known as Walt or Tim Tim very dim.

His best position was playing just behind the sofa (he knows what that means)

I was unfortunate to play along side him for a number of years and absolute pain in the arse.

Max on the other hand is a lovely lad (nowt like his dad)

He's 18 on the 29th of this month

I was unfortunate to play along side him for a number of years and absolute pain in the arse.

Posted Image

Guest sweet sheri

Cheers for that!

Know what you mean!

Tim as i remember loved his beer and had constant verbal diarrhoea