How to improve technology

We are now in a very high tech world, and many clubs are using this technology to their full advantage, but how would you suggest that swfc improves on how they use IT systems and other technologies within the company?

Scrap the current entire online shop and ticketing system

Purchase a CRM system.

I'd suggest some products, but the cost is far inexcess of what SWFC can afford.

TBH I'm sure there are fans out there that could re-vamp or update our online shop FOC...

Indeed. I work for a web design company and a very good fully functioning e commerce design and implementation can be done for 3 grand or so. Not that much considering the potential ROI.

Guest Deleted member

Indeed. I work for a web design company and a very good fully functioning e commerce design and implementation can be done for 3 grand or so. Not that much considering the potential ROI.

There are even Open Source packages (like OSCommerce) that can do a better job for nowt...

Use bluetooth to send team line ups substitions and evern club shop offers around the ground, they tried it out at bury not sure if they still do though.

As far as I am aware, Burys Bluetooth system has been out of action since mid-September (I may be wrong, as I've only been tracking it via their website) - Bluetooth Marketing is a clever concept but not quite as straight forward to implement as it may appear. The cost of installing a system to reach the majority of the crowd would be high, but its possible this cost could be recouped if the club / or company who install the system could find enough sponsors to support it for a full season.

There are several premiership clubs who signed with a company earlier in the year to implement Bluetooth marketing, but I'm not sure if any of them have it working effectively yet - anyone know?

iphone application for buying tickets = show an e-ticket at the gates

igoogle gadget from the OS (if they dont have one)

new OS

/.... and in answer to the question "How to improve technology" errr... make existing technology more efficient and increase functionality :biggrin:

Edited by crookesowl