Larger Sizes

I take a size 5x shirt and for the last few years I have contacted the club when a new shirt is due out and they have had me one done special. But I get fed up of people asking me where I have got it from, as people are getting bigger as years go by. So why can't the merchandising department have sizes of all items up to 5x as standard? I for one would purchase a hell of a lot more items from the superstore if that was the case. It is a little annoying when I see the different polo shirts and coats etc. and know they do not do my size.

Before you cynics get on the site, slimming is not the answer. It is up to the club to market for all fans, not just the stick insects.

I take a size 5x shirt and for the last few years I have contacted the club when a new shirt is due out and they have had me one done special. But I get fed up of people asking me where I have got it from, as people are getting bigger as years go by. So why can't the merchandising department have sizes of all items up to 5x as standard? I for one would purchase a hell of a lot more items from the superstore if that was the case. It is a little annoying when I see the different polo shirts and coats etc. and know they do not do my size.

Before you cynics get on the site, slimming is not the answer. It is up to the club to market for all fans, not just the stick insects.

Things must have changed. A few years ago I got a large sweat shirt from the club shop. Wrote to them asking when the tent poles were being delivered it were flipping huge.

that bit were a lie

Edited by darra

For your information there was an article in a Scottish Sunday paper about larger fans and strip sizes in Scottish football. You are right you are not alone and clubs should cater for all shapes and sizes. Keep contacting the club and see what they say. I'm sure if the demand is there and they are aware that there is a niche in the market they will provide.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/sco...78057-20839800/

Oct 26 2008 By Douglas Ross

WHO ate all the pies? Well, it looks as if Rangers and Inverness supporters did - the SPL clubs have launched XXXXXL-sized kits for fans.

The huge strips are the largest seen in British football.

The shirts were made to order after some supporters moaned they were unable to fit into any of the tops on sale last season.

Rangers' home, away and third strips are available in the monster size, while corpulent Caley Thistle fans can buy both their team's kits.

Inverness supporter Don Johnstone, 32, who is 6ft 2in and weighs 22 stone, could not find a top to fit.

He said: "I have contacted Caley on a number of occasions to ask them to make a larger strip.

"I couldn't fit into the 4XL top last season but am delighted they have made a larger one this year."

Don, of caleythistleonline.com fans' website, added: "I know a few larger fans who were desperate to get a strip that fitted and now our pleas have been answered."

Other SPL teams aren't far behind. Strips for Hearts and Dundee United are available in XXXXL. The biggest Celtic and Motherwell kits are XXXL, while Aberdeen, Falkirk, Kilmarnock and Hibs stock just XXL.

St Mirren may have the skinniest fans in Scotland because their replica strips are only available up to XL. The 5XL sizes will fit supporters with a chest of up to 60 inches and a 22- inch neck.

A spokesman for Caley Thistle said: "Fans come in all shapes and sizes. We try to ensure we cater for fans across the board." But the 5XL tops are dwarfed by the largest strip in the world, which was unveiled in Italy last year by sportswear manufacturer Errea.

They created the 68.5m x 71m strip to mark the launch of videogame Pro Evolution Soccer.

The shirt, which used 3.7 miles of fabric and 105.6 miles of thread, smashed the world record.