Kids for a quid.

Kids for a Quid v Norwich on Saturday November 29

Children under 16 years can get a match ticket for just £1. Tickets go on sale to season ticket holders/members on October 24 and on general sale October 31.

Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult. An adult ticket must be purchased at the same time as an under-14 ticket. Maximum of four kids tickets per booking.

To book either of these matches, visit the ticket office or buy online.

PLEASE NOTE

Offer not available on the day of the match.

Friends for a Fiver tickets available until 5pm Monday October 27.

Kids for a Quid tickets available until 5pm Friday November 28.

Why is the offer not available on the day of the match?

Stupid.

Because there'll be a massive queue of people trying to get in for a quid.

It'll just be a hassle getting in.

*And the club won't get too many people getting in for a quid instead of full price.

Edited by JimRoyle

Because there'll be a massive queue of people trying to get in for a quid.

That's why :biggrin;

Is that the case at United where they have offers on the day of the game?

Yeah there's this offer ... but only if you do this ... and do that ... and if you're this age ... and if you're accompanied by an adult ... and if you by no more than 4 at a time ...

Talk about making offers as confusing as possible.

Should just be U16s £1 without the rest of it - like United do.

Common sense never prevails on this side of the city sadly.

Is that the case at United where they have offers on the day of the game?

Yeah there's this offer ... but only if you do this ... and do that ... and if you're this age ... and if you're accompanied by an adult ... and if you by no more than 4 at a time ...

Talk about making offers as confusing as possible.

Should just be U16s £1 without the rest of it - like United do.

Common sense never prevails on this side of the city sadly.

We are in a completely different situation to United in that sense.

Totally agree nk if you don't like it flip of to lane you whinging twit. SWFC don't need fans who whinge even when the club do the right thing. It really annoys me, what exactly do you want every 17, 18 year old trying to get in for a quid. GO TO HILLSBORO AND GET YOUR TICKET OR DON'T GO

They also don't have a £30 million debt and an incredibly tight budget to keep to etc etc.

What's that got to do with allowing people the offers on the day? :blink:

Yes NK, praise them for showing some initiative in putting the offers out there in the first place but see that there are plenty of improvements that can still be made without no effort whatsoever.

They've got the offers in place but it'll probably only attract another 2000 rather than double that figure were there none of these petty restrictions to abide by.

It should be simple for fans to follow but as in the Sheffield Derby ticketing situation, most people simply won't have a clue about the way the ticketing arrangements are for these games and the only losers of this are Wednesday.

What's that got to do with allowing people the offers on the day? :blink:

Yes NK, praise them for showing some initiative in putting the offers out there in the first place but see that there are plenty of improvements that can still be made without no effort whatsoever.

They've got the offers in place but it'll probably only attract another 2000 rather than double that figure were there none of these petty restrictions to abide by.

It should be simple for fans to follow but as in the Sheffield Derby ticketing situation, most people simply won't have a clue about the way the ticketing arrangements are for these games and the only losers of this are Wednesday.

It's got a lot to do with it.

We literally can't afford to have the same prices as the Pigs. If we did, then I reckon we would have already gone under.

The club have the high prices so they can keep afloat.

Edited by JimRoyle

It's got a lot to do with it.

We literally can't afford to have the same prices as the Pigs. If we did, then I reckon we would have already gone under.

The club have the high prices to they can keep afloat.

Sorry but for a one-off game as this clearly is, you're wrong.

It would only benefit the club by having them on sale of the day of the game.

For people to trek all the way to the ticket office when they don't live nearby to the ground (imagine it's yourself perhaps in Lincoln) ther'd be no simple, cost effective way of them getting the tickets.

All they're doing by not having this offer available on the day of the game is turning away more fans and therefore the club is losing income for this game on its own.

It wouldn't harm them in the slightest to have the offer available on the day of the game ... but instead you'll find hardly any U16s who could make it down there only for the day of the game deciding to pay those increased prices.

Re: not being able to sell tickets at cheaper prices. By the price schemes and estimated numbers sold, United have made roughly £1.25 Million more on ST sales than ourselves.

You have to ask yourself what would be the right route to go down ... fill more seats with cheaper prices ... or have less bums on seats but charge more. United have made much more money than Wednesday with the route they've gone down ... so how we 'can't afford' to charge these prices seems a strange comment to me. Are you suggesting that we wouldn't get anywhere near the number of season ticket holders United do if we charged similar prices?

Sorry but for a one-off game as this clearly is, you're wrong.

It would only benefit the club by having them on sale of the day of the game.

For people to trek all the way to the ticket office when they don't live nearby to the ground (imagine it's yourself perhaps in Lincoln) ther'd be no simple, cost effective way of them getting the tickets.

All they're doing by not having this offer available on the day of the game is turning away more fans and therefore the club is losing income for this game on its own.

It wouldn't harm them in the slightest to have the offer available on the day of the game ... but instead you'll find hardly any U16s who could make it down there only for the day of the game deciding to pay those increased prices.

Re: not being able to sell tickets at cheaper prices. By the price schemes and estimated numbers sold, United have made roughly £1.25 Million more on ST sales than ourselves.

You have to ask yourself what would be the right route to go down ... fill more seats with cheaper prices ... or have less bums on seats but charge more. United have made much more money than Wednesday with the route they've gone down ... so how we 'can't afford' to charge these prices seems a strange comment to me. Are you suggesting that we wouldn't get anywhere near the number of season ticket holders United do if we charged similar prices?

I agree with what you are saying, I'm just just arguing the stance from the clubs point of view.

I would love to see season ticket prices, similar to those at the lane but it won't happen with our current board. It just won't. I guess this is one of peoples hopes for when this takeover goes through (if it does)

Like you said, I can't watch Wednesday for £29 a time. It's just too much.

You are spot on in your final paragraph. We would make roughly the same amount of money on season tickets if we reduced them and had more people in, than having high prices and a smaller amount of fans buying them.

I agree with what you are saying, I'm just just arguing the stance from the clubs point of view.

I would love to see season ticket prices, similar to those at the lane but it won't happen with our current board. It just won't. I guess this is one of peoples hopes for when this takeover goes through (if it does)

Like you said, I can't watch Wednesday for £29 a time. It's just too much.

You are spot on in your final paragraph. We would make roughly the same amount of money on season tickets if we reduced them and had more people in, than having high prices and a smaller amount of fans buying them.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see the club showing some initiative at least but you kind of feel they've gotten themselves into this position in that they have to use offers to tempt people to go as the usual prices are too expensive, particularly in the current economic climate.

Season ticket prices went up around 12% this season where as the sales have gone down by roughly 15-20% it appears. By increasing the prices they've left themselves even worse off it appears ... I'd be very shocked if prices weren't slashed by at least 15% next season. You'd like to think they'd learnt their lesson ...

Guest BaRmY OwLs

flip me, kids for a quid and people still moan.

Who gives a flying flip what the pigs do.

Thing is m8 people always find something to moan and groan at. The club has done something really postive in doing this but still people want more. I am taking my lad to this match.

EVERY game should be a quid for under 10's

i refuse to pay around £30 plus drinks / food / programme for a 5 year old and an 8 year old.

if it was £1 each time they would go to every game!

Agree these are some of the initiatives i am hoping daz and wednesdayite are putting to the board.