Sheffield Wednesday and season tickets

Guest vernon1974

I am a lifelong Owls fan living in Surrey, I tend to go to around 10-15 games a season due to work commitments. last season I bought a season ticket for Fulham because it was so cheap (300 quid) and it only takes me about half an hour to get there from home, anyway to cut a long story short last season I went to the first couple of Fulham games and realised that it wasnt going to work out, despite the football being cheap and accessable, I just love Wednesday too much and couldnt give a throw about Fulham, I ended up going to all the Owls game and given my Fulham season ticket to work mates who wanted it more.

So today I decided I was going to get a season ticket for the Owls, I checked the website and there is no information that I could find on season tickets, how to buy them, what to do or what is required other than a photo is no longer required for adults. I ranf the club and spoke to a nice enough girl who quite clearly did not have a clue what she was talking about, she advised me after speaking to a supervisor that I needed to ring ticketmaster as they were the ones who sold season tickets, on hold again for ages after I rang ticketmaster who informed me that I needed to ring SWFC ticket officer on the same number that and menu option I had called the first time. So I did, this time I spoke to a more helpful woman who gave me another number and option to call, again I was on hold and spoke to another d$%£kwit who didnt have the foggiest what he was talking about, he eventually advised me to call the club and select the option I had already selected, I did this again and was advised the number was busy call back later.

I mean how difficult is it? If we are struggling financially surely we should be biting peoples hands off who want to part with 400 odd quid for a season ticket? No information, no service, no clue. I mean if I was only partly interested I would have given up at least half way through.

Eventually I complained and spoke to a nice lady at the club who politely informed me that only personal or mail applications were viable and would send me the info out first class post...

Fulham on the other hand are begging me to renew my ticket and have on line applications, affordable plans, lots of incentives etc...

It beggars belief.

Here's the so called latest figure's, i'm very surprised we haven't issued a figure.........

Sheffield United boast the third highest tally of season ticket holders in the Championship ahead of the forthcoming campaign.

A survey conducted by Channel 4 News online shows the Blades trailing only Derby County and Norwich City with a total of 18,700 fans having signed up to watch Kevin Blackwell's side try to win a return to the Premiership.

According to the figures, South Yorkshire rivals Barnsley have sold 8,500 and Doncaster Rovers around 8,000. No figure was available from Sheffield Wednesday.

Edited by Box_Man
Guest MickPickeringsBeard

Here's the so called latest figure's, i'm very surprised we haven't issued a figure.........

Sheffield United boast the third highest tally of season ticket holders in the Championship ahead of the forthcoming campaign.

A survey conducted by Channel 4 News online shows the Blades trailing only Derby County and Norwich City with a total of 18,700 fans having signed up to watch Kevin Blackwell's side try to win a return to the Premiership.

According to the figures, South Yorkshire rivals Barnsley have sold 8,500 and Doncaster Rovers around 8,000. No figure was available from Sheffield Wednesday.

Far too much emphasis being put on season ticket sales, IMO.

Takeover or not, we will achieve +20k for the Burnley game, a good start will see us sustain that.

Stop panickin!

Guest danny wath owl

yeh but were all wednesday arent we!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Far too much emphasis being put on season ticket sales, IMO.

Takeover or not, we will achieve +20k for the Burnley game, a good start will see us sustain that.

Stop panickin!

As long as it's not too cold, obviously.

:laugh:

The last two seasons has seen the average home attendance drop by about 3,400. Presumably, due to the silence of the club that normally fanfares positive figures, there was also a proportionate fall in season ticket sales?

Last season we had two or three of gates that were lower than all 46 League One matches at Hillsborough under Turner and Sturrock, and these included a midweek game live on Sky against the mighty Port Vale.

The trend is sharply downwards and a bad start will only exacerbate that. Without major changes (and of course the takeover looms) there is every reason to expect further reductions in the number of people turning up.