Tours of Hillsborough

Guest plentyoftheblue

Guest plentyoftheblue

Emailed the club a couple of days ago to enquire about a ground tour. Mentioned the fact that me and a few of my mates have recently bought their first season ticket and would like to have a look 'behind the scenes'...............

No Response.

Thanks SWFC.

I wonder how much revenue that could have potentially been lost by not having regular ground tours....through the main entrance, Changing rooms, sit in the managers seat...then round it off in the club shop buying some club merchandise.

Emailed the club a couple of days ago to enquire about a ground tour. Mentioned the fact that me and a few of my mates have recently bought their first season ticket and would like to have a look 'behind the scenes'...............

No Response.

Thanks SWFC.

I wonder how much revenue that could have potentially been lost by not having regular ground tours....through the main entrance, Changing rooms, sit in the managers seat...then round it off in the club shop buying some club merchandise.

For free?

How much money do you think we have?

Can you really see our stretched resources covering the time it would take someone to do it?

Guest plentyoftheblue

For free?

How much money do you think we have?

Can you really see our stretched resources covering the time it would take someone to do it?

Did I say that? I'm quite willing to pay for the privledge, but to simply not respond is wrong. If the club responded saying "Yes we will carry out a ground tour, but this is chargable..." I would have mailed straight back booking 12 people in for the earliest possible time.

Do you think any normal company would turn down a lead if they were unable to offer their services for free?

Did I say that? I'm quite willing to pay for the privledge, but to simply not respond is wrong. If the club responded saying "Yes we will carry out a ground tour, but this is chargable..." I would have mailed straight back booking 12 people in for the earliest possible time.

Do you think any normal company would turn down a lead if they were unable to offer their services for free?

The tour would last 7 minutes.

And it all just smells of Deep Heat rub anyway.

Guest plentyoftheblue

The tour would last 7 minutes.

And it all just smells of Deep Heat rub anyway.

My point is that it's potentially revenue lost for SWFC, not to mention it might drum up a bit of good PR?

My point is that it's potentially revenue lost for SWFC, not to mention it might drum up a bit of good PR?

A lot of stuff is wrong at Hillsborough and their are plenty of money making oppurtunities.

But until thinks eprk up on and off the pitch who is going to want to see the room in which the Sheffield Wednesday board signed to sue there own fans?

Guest danny wath owl

keep hearing on real radio (i think) piggy adverts for their open day,,,,,,,ground tour c team train,fundraising etc etc.

y do we not do anything like this

Fans’ Charter

Posted on: Thu 26 Jun 2008

Introduction

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club (SWFC) aims to achieve the following goals, at all times, throughout our business:

- To perform to the best of our ability

- To deliver excellent results

- To achieve customer satisfaction by constantly hitting the target

- And, when our performance is not up to scratch, to work harder to improve it.

We hope that publishing and constantly reviewing this Customer Charter will help us to provide good service, therefore improving our ability both to attract new customers and retain existing customers.

Customer Service

Our Customer Services can be contacted during normal business hours as follows:

Telephone: 0870 999 1867

Fax: 0114 221 2122

e-mail: enquiries@swfc.co.uk

Mail: Sheffield Wednesday FC Ltd, Hillsborough, Sheffield S6 1SW

We would prefer all complaints to be in writing (by e-mail, fax or letter) as they may involve investigations by more than one Department Manager within the Club. A copy of our Complaints Procedure is included within this document.

SWFC will respond to any contact from a customer within seven working days.

http://www.swfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/FansC...1024997,00.html

I went to an open day in 1990.

I went to one a few years later around 2000 I think ( a year or 3 either way ). Boardroom ,changing rooms, down the tunnel great stuff. I think there was a nominal charge.

Wednesday get it sorted its called CUSTOMER SERVICE.

We had this discussion a couple of weeks ago.

Had a tour in October '06, brilliant. Just phoned the ground AM, went over the same afternoon and spent at least an hour gound round the stadium.

Have photo's in my shop of me with the Cup and also of me at the entrance with the big SWFC.

If I knew how to add pics I would do.

I emailed the club about a tour for an Australian friend of mine and his fiancee who are avid Owls and are visiting Hillsborough for the first time for the Plymouth match.

He wanted a tour, you know, quick look around the stadium, maybe meet a few players if possble. I got a reply a couple of days later asking if he would like to pay £95 + VAT to have the 'Ultimate match day experience' at Dooley's Restaurant and sit in the South Stand Executive Area.

This is his first time at S6, he wants to sit in the stands with the rest of the fans, not with the suits in their own little box. Why is this so difficult?

I emailed back saying he really just wanted a tour and to sit in the stands for the match about 2 weeks ago. No reply yet...

Ive bene to both sides of the city open days in recent years

pig open day

Players signing autographs

bouncy castles

FULL access to the ground

pig museum entry

loads of stuff

owls open day

deserted stadium with "unlocked door" to access the south.

I went on one when I was at primary school. During assembly they asked people to put their names in a hat if they wanted to go. Lasted about two hours. Met Trevor Francis on the pitch, a few of the players (John Harkes, who I later found out lived on the next street from me), saw the trophy cabinent, learnt a bit of the history. Was great fun!

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends

i'm so glad you could attend,

step inside, step inside,

on the right there is a bust, of when Tidman got concussed,

or pretended to i trust,

step inside step inside

there upon the screen,

tapes of Waddles reign supreme

there stands Sheridan serene,

step inside step inside

Step inside the shows about to start,

see Dave Hirst tear Hull city apart

guaranteed you'll get your moneys worth

the greatest show in heaven hell or earth

see the dressing room

where Kim Olsen pushed a broom

and Peter Feely met his doom,

step inside step inside

There behind a glass

is the real blade of grass

that put Bullen on his arse

step inside step inside

Step inside the show is getting worse,

hard luck tw*t, we cannot reimburse,

Hurry through unless you want to see

Lineghan in 1993

Step outside my friends,

the shows about to end,

unless of course you lend..

ante up ante up

So that is the tour,

i'm so glad you could endure

the last decades manure,

step outside step outside

step outside the show is at an halt

guaranteed its Wednesdayites fault

Unless they gi' us shares back for fvcks sake,

all you get is dogsh*t and heartbreak

you gotta see the show

its rock and roll

you gotta see the show

why?..............................i dunno..................