Guest Foily

Guest Foily

Some of you wont like this idea.....but its a good idea.

Forget about season tickets going up for a momment.

If £2 from every ticket on match day went towards the debt. It would reduce the debt by almost £1m a season. (not including the interest)

http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

It maybe a good idea for the club to do something like this. And be strict with it.

They should also reduce shop prices. Rather than have most items remain in stock for a long time.

Guest Darkus Owlus

It's not enough. What is our debt anyway? I'll just guess 28million.

Not including deals with banks etc, that would be 1.4M a year in interest.

We need a takeover or we're fooked. Forest promoted too who'll spend....possibly Leeds. I can see another useless pre season for us again too.

One slight flaw.

Are you telling me that, as things stand, £40,000 per home game (that's £2 per ticket sold at an average of 20,000 per home game) of match day revenue is currently 'unallocated' within the company budget?

If you want to allocate this percentage of match day income to 'clearing the debt', it will need to be re-allocated from another area of expenditure within the company, i.e. player wages, ground maintenance etc, that will then be seeing a shortfall of - based upon your rough calculations - £1m per annum.

Putting £1m towards the debt per annum would be like trying to bail out the Titanic with a small bucket. Insignificant.

Would you not much rather see this money allocated to more pressing areas of the business, as it most probably is now?

Would you be happy to see us - to take an extreme example - drop the annual player wage budget by, say £500k, so that this money could be used to pay off a small portion of the Club's debt as suggested by yourself?

If Wednesday created a foundation where fans donated £50 pound a month totalling somewhere near £600 a year. 10,000 fans would generate 6 million a year, as would 20,000 donating £25 a month. Although being realistic a £10 a month from around 15,000 fans would generate 1.8 million a year.

However if we had the pulling power of a top ten Premiership club, £870 a year from 30,000 fans would generate 26 million a year! If only.

Obviously people would only pay the money if there was an incentive i.e cheaper discounted Season tickets, free entry to corprate events swell as stuff like discounted away travel etc. I'd pay a £10 a month for that.

Guest Bellsview

Why give the incompetent fooks who got us in this situation another penny?

Do you think our predicament costs them an extra penny every game?

flip 'em!!! They got us into this mess, I for one am certainly not going to help get them out of it.

Do you think they'll consider us when they get top dollar for their shares?? flip the bunck of vvankers.

I'd rather we set up a new supporters led SWFC.

Football doesn't belong to the fans anymore. No amount of fund raising by the fans can make a dent on £25million debt. In fact clubs can run and often choose to run with large debts. The fans can't make a difference in football finance anymore. And the players are nothing like the fans in earning power anymore. I find it offensive to be asking fans to bail out an industry that is awash with money and pays it's players obscene amounts.

Our debt would mean nothing if we were promoted to the prem........and this league is a lottery as far as a playoff place is concerned.

I suspect the current board want to stay on and simply want somebody to inject a few million to give them a decent 'stake' in the championship lottery. That is only my suspicion.