Shropshire Owls

Well, this is as good a place as any to get the 1st post in :biggrin:

My name's Rich, i've been an armchair fan for about 17 years now and my only claim to fame was seeing a 1-1 draw with Liverpool in 1997. Must have been the only day when Jamie Redknapp wasn't injured :mad:

Anyway, I'm determined to get off my arse and actually make it up to Hillsborough next season, just wondering if there any owls in Shrewsbury or the surrounding shire that go on a regular basis? More specifically, if there is a 'coach/bus/minibus/van/car boot operation' running that i'd be able to get in on :laugh:

Well, this is as good a place as any to get the 1st post in :biggrin:

My name's Rich, i've been an armchair fan for about 17 years now and my only claim to fame was seeing a 1-1 draw with Liverpool in 1997. Must have been the only day when Jamie Redknapp wasn't injured :mad:

Anyway, I'm determined to get off my arse and actually make it up to Hillsborough next season, just wondering if there any owls in Shrewsbury or the surrounding shire that go on a regular basis? More specifically, if there is a 'coach/bus/minibus/van/car boot operation' running that i'd be able to get in on :laugh:

Nice to hear from you on here rich. sorry none of us ignorant lot have spent the time to welcome you before now, i'm one of the Nuneaton Owls so not realy near enough to help you out with lifts and things but will always give you a warm welcome if you make it to this neck of the woods. not sure if you are on a good rail link with Nuneaton but if you are and can make it over for say the Cov match we will arrange to pick you up at nuneaton station, take you to the pre match gathering of the Midland Massive, on to the match and get you back to the station for your return train. can't say fairer than that. Anyway nice to see we have a member standing tall in the shrewsbury area and hope to hear from you again.

Nuneaton Owls living the dream [part of the Midland Massive]

Many Towns One Team

All the best, allan

Guest Infamouszigg

Hi Rich,

Midlands based Owl in the East Midlands, Long Eaton (M1 Junction 25, between Derby & Nottingham)

Good to see you on board, as Big Al (Nuneaton posse) says if you also looking at attending Derby / Forest away we can arrange something here as well.

Sister in law & Brother in law live in Lillishall although not Wednesdayites unfortunately.

Midlands Owls,

Many Towns, One Team

Livin the Dream

Guest Infamouszigg

Hi Rich,

Midlands based Owl in the East Midlands, Long Eaton (M1 Junction 25, between Derby & Nottingham)

Good to see you on board, as Big Al (Nuneaton posse) says if you also looking at attending Derby / Forest away we can arrange something here as well.

Sister in law & Brother in law live in Lillishall although not Wednesdayites unfortunately.

Midlands Owls,

Many Towns, One Team

Livin the Dream

Hi Rich,

Midlands Owls,

Many Towns, One Team

Livin the Dream

Hey Zigg has tha got a stutter or is your post so good you did it twice.

come on then Rich put finger to keyboard, make contact, you know you want to.

Guest Salopian Owl

I'm from Shropshire originally (hence the name), born just down the road from you actually (Much Wenlock) but live in Dudley now.

ack, really sorry for not replying!

checked for the first month then forgot about this post! >.<

Thanks for the feedback Allan, i was actually born in Nuneaton (well, the hospital :P) and grew up in the concrete paradise of Coventry so it'd be good to see the place again :)

definately up for all of the midlands games though, birmingham new street is only an hour and a 1/2 away so any connection is doable. Just warn me in advance if it's a 'wednesday friendly' area, i'm a little naive to walking around wearing blue and white sometimes ;)

Zigg, my boss at work is a Forest fan and we've been talking about going to either a home or away game, i think the game at forest is in january?

Thanks for all the replies anyway, looking forward to leaving the armchair this season :)

Rich