A friendly against a big team...

Guest NickTtheowl

You sound like Brian the idiot blade, when he calls Football Heaven, and says, "United should go across the city and sign Beevers and Wood". It doesn't happen like that, just as we can't go to the teams you mentioned, and say "you're going to play at Hillsborough in pre-season friendlies."

Uhm, have you asked Barcelona? We should definately ask, I think it would be a great competition. Maybe they can cover it on Sky or even national TV? It should be good for at the very least Eurosport or Setanta

Trying to be realistic, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal or any huge Euro teams are not going to even consider playing us. I agree with the poster who said we need to try and approach teams like Newcastle, Villa or Tottenham, one of the teams in the next rung down. However, I dont see the point in us playing Wigan, Bristol or anyone like that. No one wants to watch it, and it only fecks the pitch up.

I am in doubt whatsoever that this seasons home friendly will be another massive let down though, but not that it really matters to be honest.

However, I dont see the point in us playing Wigan, Bristol or anyone like that. No one wants to watch it, and it only fecks the pitch up.

I am in doubt whatsoever that this seasons home friendly will be another massive let down though, but not that it really matters to be honest.

:biggrin:

Why for once can't we have a decent pre-season shedule?

Ideal one:

A tour of spain/Italy

- V Rotherham [away]

- V Sheffield FC[Away]

- V Barnsley [Home]

- V Man City [Away]

- V Everton [Home]

Why the hell would we play Barnsley in pre-season?

And Man City away? Ha ha - yeah they'd love the pull of a bottom half championship team as a home fixture.

Why for once can't we have a decent pre-season shedule?

Ideal one:

A tour of spain/Italy

- V Rotherham [away]

- V Sheffield FC[Away]

- V Barnsley [Home]

- V Man City [Away]

- V Everton [Home]

Really stunningly baffling.

The BEST we could have hoped for was probably...

Tour of Holland/Sweden/Denmark

away vs. Chesterfield

away vs. Peterborough

away vs. MK Dons

home vs. Everton/Man City/Villa