A friendly against a big team...

Guest NickTtheowl

I agree but I'd like to see a decent foreign side come to Hillsborough. I hate pre-season games normally but I might make the effort to go watch a decent team. If it's Birmingham, Middlesborough or turd like that again this pre-season coming I won't bother.

How about we do one of the tournements like Ajax?

I think we should have Barcelona, because they are a HUGE team, plenty of quality players and it would guarentee a packed out stadium

Then I think the other two teams should be Houston from the U.S.A who are the current M.L.S champions and Kashima Antlers who are the current J League (Japan) champions, playing these two would raise our profile in a huge way in these countries, meaning we would make poo poo loads of merchandise because at the moment, football is the biggest fad in these countries, and the fans just keep buying.

This is what we should seriously do, hopefully someone from the club can see this.

Aren't they involved in the Ajax tournement?, I think Barcelona are the second biggest behind Man Utd anyway, and the American and Japanese/Asian market is absolutely huge. This tournment would make us a world brand.

:huh: I doubt it. Playing a few friendlies aint gona make us a worldwide brand. You have to be top of the league.

Problem with playing big teams like Man ure and Arse nal is they would send a virtual youth team.Liverpool did exactly that when they played Boston a couple of years ago.

How about we do one of the tournements like Ajax?

I think we should have Barcelona, because they are a HUGE team, plenty of quality players and it would guarentee a packed out stadium

Then I think the other two teams should be Houston from the U.S.A who are the current M.L.S champions and Kashima Antlers who are the current J League (Japan) champions, playing these two would raise our profile in a huge way in these countries, meaning we would make poo poo loads of merchandise because at the moment, football is the biggest fad in these countries, and the fans just keep buying.

This is what we should seriously do, hopefully someone from the club can see this.

You sound like Brian the idiot blade, when he calls Football Heaven, and says, "United should go across the city and sign Beevers and Wood". It doesn't happen like that, just as we can't go to the teams you mentioned, and say "you're going to play at Hillsborough in pre-season friendlies."

Guest wolfe tone

if ye got given the choice, which of the scottish premier teams

would ye like to visit S6 and why ?

Yeah why don't we try for a french second division side this time!!

To be fair, they'd just reached the UEFA Cup Final the previous season - and we did ourselves no favours in terms of getting friendlies by absolutely kicking the poo poo out of them.