Free Tickets

Not sure if there has been another thread about it, cant find one but.....

If you spend more than £50 in the club shop you are automatically entered into a prize draw for 2 tickets for the game at the lane.

Fair enough, good promotion.

However, how would you feel if you were one of those season ticket holders and had all of the relevant stubs etc to qualify for a ticket, you didnt get one.

Yet some part time fan who turns up once every so often to home games, never travels to away games and just so happens to be visting Hillsborough wins those tickets.

How would you feel ?

Or how do you feel knowing that the club have held tickets back for a promotion like this ?

Seems wrong to me !

what about the fans who arnt able to get ot every game.

a wednesday fan is a wednesday fan there is no difference between the person sat to the left or the right above or below you at the game. even if they go to away games and do everything else.there is no gap to fill with more things because your flows the blue and white blood.

also thing of those that arnt that well off. or who have to work on a saturday or who live far away.

wee wee tail.

Not sure if there has been another thread about it, cant find one but.....

If you spend more than £50 in the club shop you are automatically entered into a prize draw for 2 tickets for the game at the lane.

Fair enough, good promotion.

However, how would you feel if you were one of those season ticket holders and had all of the relevant stubs etc to qualify for a ticket, you didnt get one.

Yet some part time fan who turns up once every so often to home games, never travels to away games and just so happens to be visting Hillsborough wins those tickets.

How would you feel ?

Or how do you feel knowing that the club have held tickets back for a promotion like this ?

Seems wrong to me !

I agree. If they make it so you need 4 stubs etc and then end up giving some away in a prize draw that is wrong

it's only two tickets. what are the chances out of everyone who managed to get the stubs would you be the one to end up with those two tickets? it encourages those who couldn't get a ticket to spend those extra few quid at the club shop in the off chance they might get to the sty. clever in my oppinion.

*bangs head against wall*

"The club aren't doing enough promotions to get people spending money"

"I don't like this promotion, it's unfair"

FFS.

It's a great promotion, especially while they have the sale on too.

The title of the thread is misleading - makes people think Wednesday are giving away free tickets.

They're not.

It's a COMPETITION for TWO tickets where anyone who spends £50 in the club shop gets an entry.

Sound business sense to me. For once.

£50 worth of tickets going for multiples of the value of it, at a club in dire need of both money and fan involvement.

WELL DONE WEDNESDAY.

The point was that to get tickets for the match at the lane you needed to have away stubs and apply by post as the tickets were limited. Its unfair that someone who qualifies may miss out to someone who hardly goes to home games let alone away games.

I would love to hear what someone who didnt get their tickets by postal application thinks.

Whats wrong with promotions trying to get people to attend HOME games, because we need it at the minute ?

The more perceived value of the prize the more you would expect people to take up the promotion.

There are always going to be grievances and things that anyone can point out in any initiative.

I think this is worth a try and well done to them for trying - at worst it teaches them something - at best it enhances commercial revenue and we all know we really need it.

I think they deserve praise for this and encouragement that not everything they do will be torn to shreds.

Plymouth at home - Kids for a quid or season ticket holders can bring a mate for a fiver

I doubt that they would have done it had the game not been on Sky.

It should be kids for a quid every game regardless of the opposition or TV coverage.

My 7 year old daughter keeps asking if she can go to an Owls game. Cant take her to the Plymouth game as she has school the next day and wont be in bed for gone 11 o' clock. I was thinking about taking her yesterday but £12 takes the wee wee !

Edited by Miffed