Catering at S6, what do you think and...

Guest davet30

Guest davet30

At last saturdays match I think you will agree it was a tad on the chilly side. I thought I'd pass on the ice cold lager and go for a hot drink.

The young girl at the back of the counter spent the first 40 minutes shivering and had her hands up the opposite sleeves. I asked for a black coffee, (I don't take milk in either tea or coffee). She looked at her colleagues for help and they all didn't seem to know what to do. Eventually they said they only did coffee with milk??!! Apparently the powdered milk as already mixed with the coffee!

I'll have a black tea then, I said. Again I got a similar response when the eventually said they didn't do black tea either.

"Well just take the powdered milk out of the cup and just add hot water to the tea bag then" I said.

The said "We can't, the powdered milk is in the bag"!! :laugh::blink:

McFuckinDonalds is a gourmet restaurante aside catering at S6 IMO!

I had to have the cold lager 'n' never warmed up for the rest of the match lol

At last saturdays match I think you will agree it was a tad on the chilly side. I thought I'd pass on the ice cold lager and go for a hot drink.

The young girl at the back of the counter spent the first 40 minutes shivering and had her hands up the opposite sleeves. I asked for a black coffee, (I don't take milk in either tea or coffee). She looked at her colleagues for help and they all didn't seem to know what to do. Eventually they said they only did coffee with milk??!! Apparently the powdered milk as already mixed with the coffee!

I'll have a black tea then, I said. Again I got a similar response when the eventually said they didn't do black tea either.

"Well just take the powdered milk out of the cup and just add hot water to the tea bag then" I said.

bring back chicken and mushroom pies and yorkies and i'll be happy :o)

Guest Nutters

Without this "time saving" tool of powedered milk in the coffee/tea you;d be posting complaining at the length of the queue and time you had to wait (which is already stupid at half time)

Then again, with fresh milk you;d complain at the added extra cost that this provides!

Create a catering mascot called MR BALTI PIE. He walks round in a big suit (yes you guessed it looking like a chicken balti pie with a big grin) walking at the bottom of the kop at half time selling lovely chicken baltis.

Thus saving big queues at the kiosks and when we get took over and then I expect the finest breast of guinea fowl with dauphinois potatoes and baby cabbage delivered to my lap by an 18 year old polish bird with big knockers. Available to platinum season ticket holders only

Guest DoreOwl

They should have the same method of serving tea/coffee but without the powdered milk. There is no need for spending on fresh milk, those UHT milk pots found in most hotels are fine and they last up to about three years.

I dont really have an issue with the catering, besides the ques but nothing much will change that.

Edited by DoreOwl

Listen...whilst most of you want a pre..takeover moan I have to point out to you that.........

(a) the club...run by the current management team

(b) the CEO...who runs the club....

does not give a poo poo about the match day experience of the fans otherwise...these issues which have gone on all season...would have been sorted

Guest farnworthowls

I dont bother getting anything at all from the catering in the stadium anymore as it is a total rip off.

Having pies of the quality we have at the rugby at the JJB stadium might make me change my mind though, you cant beat a Wigan pie :biggrin:

Guest micky v

knock em all down and start again afresh.Catering standards at the ground are that poor that i can honestly not find a single redeeming quality about any of it.Shut them down i say

the catering at S6 is indicative of everything else down there - a flippingshambles.

*the staff don't give a poo poo. okay, it's minimum wage, but train them right and encourage them to give a throw.

*the food is a disgraceful rip off - i know swfc are not alone in this, but if Greggs can do a sausage roll for 50p (and its hot and contains meat!), why does it

need to cost £2.40 at S6?

*the quality/quantity is poo - chips are crap, there's no salt, and nowadays they're about 10p each.

*hot drinks aren't particularly hot. also there's the 'white only' issue.

*never any condements

*queues are ridiculous - there's 6 flippingtills for a reason.

*£1.60 for a lukewarm 500ml bottle of water?

*why do the staff on the bar need a calculator to add up the price if you order more than one drink? utter morons. also they never have change for any note,

and the barrel generally runs out at 3.46pm. they then act as though this has never happened before, run about like headless chickens, and it gets sorted

at about 4.04pm.

utter shower of poo . combine it with the shocking assault course required to get a ticket (if you're non ST), the lack of anything worth spending money on

in the 'super'store and the king louis and his troupe of monkeys tribute act on the pitch. chuck in the litgation game and the fact that we don't even have a

chairman watching games, and you don't have to be steven hawkins to work out why only 18kish fellow sadists bother joining me each week.

I think, overpriced, low quality and unhealthy

Given the clear health problems that a lot of our fans have (at least 50% of male adult supporters at matches look overweight) it is a disgrace the club are not leading healthy eating initiatives and offering healthy alternative foods at matches instead of peddling the junk that is sending our supporters to an early grave.

Given the clear health problems that a lot of our fans have (at least 50% of male adult supporters at matches look overweight) it is a disgrace the club are not leading healthy eating initiatives and offering healthy alternative foods at matches instead of peddling the junk that is sending our supporters to an early grave.

The junk sending us to an early grave is not just the food!!

you have a stalker!!! :http://sheffieldwednesday.rivals.net/Forum...4&clubId=72

You just have to laugh at the ineptitude sometimes.

Paid £2.40 (don't quote me) for hot dog today.

It came in a bag, and on opening I got a cold sausage, and two seperate halfs of dry bread. They couldn't even be arsed to put it together.

:biggrin:

I took it back and asked what had happened, and maybe could I have a few onions on it, and the staff just laughed with embarrassment.

Add it to your to do list Mr Sheard.

Guest davet30

Without this "time saving" tool of powedered milk in the coffee/tea you;d be posting complaining at the length of the queue and time you had to wait (which is already stupid at half time)

Then again, with fresh milk you;d complain at the added extra cost that this provides!

Hmmmmm, powdered milk sachets comes to mind :biggrin:

The young girl at the back of the counter spent the first 40 minutes shivering and had her hands up the opposite sleeves. I asked for a black coffee, (I don't take milk in either tea or coffee). She looked at her colleagues for help and they all didn't seem to know what to do. Eventually they said they only did coffee with milk??!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Owlstalk Shop