Songo for new deal plus takeover speculation

Was no-one concerned about this little snippet:

"Laws admits that the Owls could lose "a player or two" if the takeover saga drags on, because the club are in limbo and cannot offer new deals yet. But almost all the major first-team non-loan players remain under contract."

or this bit:

Laws said: "The problem we have is the possibility of the so-called 'takeover'. Is there a takeover? If there is, are we shopping in a different area? If there is no takeover, we cannot make any decisions. We could possibly lose a player or two because of it," Laws admitted. "If we cannot offer them a contract because of the financial problems we have, we will have to take that loss."

Shareholders had been told that Sheard's consortium planned to make a formal offer for a 30 per cent stake in the club nearly a month ago, but nothing materialised. It could now be a case of investors waiting for the Owls to secure Championship status.

Laws said: "I know the players want to know which direction they are going. Unfortunately, I cannot give them those answers. In terms of contracts, we just have to push everything to one side. Nothing is black and white, it is a grey area.

"But they understand that we have to wait until near the end of the season before we can make anything constructive.

"It is a risk, but it is a risk we have to take. If we do get a takeover, and a glimmer of hope, it changes everybody's thoughts. For now, we have to bite the bullet."

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Your stats should read 100% rather than 99.5%.

My only concern with a drawn out takeover is that we have no leadership at board level at the moment. If nothing is going to happen for a while then an interim Chairman should be appointed, pref a short term external candidate.

You don't need an "interim Chairman" why what dfference would it make??

What you need is an effective CEO , which we haven't got.

The day to day of a business is run by the CEO.

All the chairman woul dbe doing at the moment is getting involved in the takeover, which is moving anyway with the major shareholders and the bank.

So what would a chairman add, apart from dipping into their pocket for a few bob!! And which interim chairman in his right mind would do that when there's takeover imminent???

Unless it was a major shareholder!!

So Ok let's get a representative of a major shareholder in to be interim shareholder,

obviously not Addy, obviously not DA he's involved elsewhere (spire),

the other major shareholder is involved anyway as a director....

So step forward WEDNESAYITE !!!!

Come on Gi'chairman back!!!

:blink::blink::blink:

:blink::blink:

Guest MickPickeringsBeard

So presumably you believe that the current German government are all really Nazis by another name and the South African rulers are inherently racist?

:laugh:

Woah there fellah, no 'presumably' I f ckin well don't believe that!! The bungling Keystone Trust are hardly going to appear on the historical dateline in the same way as the nazis and apartheid are they? Without wanting to lecture, that is a crass analogy if you don't mind me saying so.

:laugh:

Woah there fellah, no 'presumably' I f ckin well don't believe that!! The bungling Keystone Trust are hardly going to appear on the historical dateline in the same way as the nazis and apartheid are they? Without wanting to lecture, that is a crass analogy if you don't mind me saying so.

Crass maybe, but it is only a logical extension of the premise you yourself created.

So what you're now saying is that entities can be changed by the simple expedient of a change of constituents, philosophy, organisation and individuals...

...unless they are Wednesdayite in which case they are evil, traitorous scum?

:biggrin:

Guest MickPickeringsBeard

Crass maybe, but it is only a logical extension of the premise you yourself created.

So what you're now saying is that entities can be changed by the simple expedient of a change of constituents, philosophy, organisation and individuals...

...unless they are Wednesdayite in which case they are evil, traitorous scum?

Not evil, traitorous scum, just incompetant, out of their depth nobodies.

Not evil, traitorous scum, just incompetant, out of their depth nobodies.

With 10% of the shares which must be like working with a nail in your boot.....limp a bit.... :laugh:

ps: I would think the nobodies are the ones who don't have a say in where the shares end up...like you :laugh:

Edited by daveyboy66