Songo for new deal plus takeover speculation

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines/Ne...o39o.3924088.jp

I guess its speculation more than anything with regards the takeover as they are just re-hasing what wednesdayite said a couple of weeks back.

New loan deal for Songo'o

View Gallery

By Paul Thompson

WEDNESDAY are to extend Franck Songo'o's loan despite having Jermaine Johnson back from a four-match ban.

Manager Brian Laws is pleased with the impact Songo'o has made during his first month and believes that he boosts competition for places.

Although Laws feels that Johnson and Songo'o are also candidates to play up front, it looks as they are competing for the right-wing spot tomorrow in the penultimate match of Songo's first month - with the Portsmouth winger possibly staying in after his good performance against Crystal Palace.

Neither Portsmouth nor Songo'o have offered any objection to the deal being extended. The current one - struck after Johnson was sent off in the West Brom match on March 4 - runs out after next Tuesday's match against Coventry.

Laws said: "Franck is enjoying his football and he has certainly made an impact and a contribution.

"It also puts pressure on others to maintain their standards."

The Owls' latest arrival, Bartosz Slusarski, signed on loan from West Brom for the rest of the season, is in contention for a debut against Stoke tomorrow.

Laws wants to assess Deon Burton after his Jamaica duty before making a decision.

Stoke are set to field striker Shola Ameobi after taking him on loan from Newcastle.

Owls keeper Richard O'Donnell's loan at Oldham has been extended to the end of the season, and young striker Todd Wood has joined Worksop on work experience.

Laws admits that the Owls could lose "a player or two" if the takeover saga drags on, because the club are in limbo and cannot offer new deals yet. But almost all the major first-team non-loan players remain under contract.

There is speculation that the Geoff Sheard consortium could be set to launch a takeover with an official offer for shares within the next few days, after Sheard told fan group Wednesday-ite on March 5 that a deal would be under way within a month.

Laws, like fans, is waiting to see what happens - and his priority is to make sure that the club climb out of the bottom three after increasing the p

ressure on the teams above them with their recent improved results.

Edited by TaffOwl

I dont comment on the takeover stuff , so ..... No Comment.

That's been my policy on the takeover too apart from slagging off some of the 'are we there yet?' panickers and rumour mongers.

Some posters have been like 6 year olds on Christmas Eve and are unable to contain themselves for even a short time (although of course Christmas Day is rarely promised to be on a certain date only to be put back a fortnight :biggrin:).

That's been my policy on the takeover too apart from slagging off some of the 'are we there yet?' panickers and rumour mongers.

Some posters have been like 6 year olds on Christmas Eve and are unable to contain themselves for even a short time (although of course Christmas Day is rarely promised to be on a certain date only to be put back a fortnight :biggrin: ).

Is that cryptic?

do you know something? PM?

I know every bit as much as 99.5% of Owlstalk posters do (ie. f*ck all).

The difference is I have a bit of patience and understanding and don't feel the need for a hysterical fit of girly shrieking every hour or so.

:biggrin:

Your stats should read 100% rather than 99.5%.

My only concern with a drawn out takeover is that we have no leadership at board level at the moment. If nothing is going to happen for a while then an interim Chairman should be appointed, pref a short term external candidate.

Guest MickPickeringsBeard

I know every bit as much as 99.5% of Owlstalk posters do (ie. f*ck all).

The difference is I have a bit of patience and understanding and don't feel the need for a hysterical fit of girly shrieking every hour or so.:biggrin:

My hero!

By the way, something must be afoot, no hourly official statements from the trust?????

Guest MickPickeringsBeard

I knew you loved me really !

:biggrin:

:blush:

As for you Bobsmagic, I've got a 'Vauxhall Vectra' (f ck knows what that says about me :mellow: ), anyways, on the continent they call it an Opel Vectra, apart from it being a right hand drive, it's exactly the same car!!! Crazy world eh?

Alright, I'm vvank at analogies.

:blush:

As for you Bobsmagic, I've got a 'Vauxhall Vectra' (f ck knows what that says about me :mellow: ), anyways, on the continent they call it an Opel Vectra, apart from it being a right hand drive, it's exactly the same car!!! Crazy world eh?

Alright, I'm vvank at analogies.

Would it still be the same car if it had a totally different engine and shape?

Guest Edgarmark

Good news about Songo'o; he's looked a threat in both home games and is far more effective than JJ was before his suspension.

Might give us a chance to have a look at JJ upfront

I wouldn't play JJ up front. He's not a good enough finisher. We desperately need the goals and he'd miss easy chances which Burton and Sahar would not. You'd be better off playing Small

I can see him playing there next season when he could take some time to learn the position, his pace would terrify a typical Championship centre back, but then we'll have Jeffers back won't we? http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif