HALF TIME SCORES, IT'S SO EASY!

When I started going to football in the early sixties even the smallest grounds made sure the crowd knew ALL the half time scores. It was part of the experience. Grounds had letters somewhere (ours were along the bottom of the North Stand) and a man went along putting the scores up on boards AND/OR they were announced over the tannoy. I was so proud when we had the first electric scoreboard flashing the scores up!

How have we managed to go backwards? ALL scores are available as they happen now but, if we're lucky, Wednesday just select a few scores to flash up.

Why can't we have ALL HALF TIMES. Supporters are interested in all scores, not just our division.

It's not much to ask is it, and it costs ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING!

Please.

At SOME grounds they were updated but as I recall, most grounds just put half-times. If the bloke got a board from "the pack" (especially if it was a 2 or even 3) the excitement was brilliant as you waited to see which letter he was going to put it on! If you couldn't afford a programme you'd ask somebody else. This was in the days before the internet or even updated scores on the radio so how did they do it?

Happy days, but my question remains, why can't Wednesday put all scores on the scoreboard?

I always remember when we were in a relegation/promotion battle,the bloke used to get up and you wondered whether he was going to change the score of one of the teams embroiled in the battle with us and the joy/sadness if he did.

I always remember when we were in a relegation/promotion battle,the bloke used to get up and you wondered whether he was going to change the score of one of the teams embroiled in the battle with us and the joy/sadness if he did.

Didn't he get it wrong when we were relegated in 89/90 ?

er....My dad told me about it.