SWFC and the Music scene

I could debate this at length, however I think the following sentence suffices:

"Wiseowl, you are a n0b, end of."

Debate ahead.

But less of the childish digs eh? It makes you look like a prat insulting via the internet.

Two people having a chat in the pub wouldnt just blurt out 'you are a nob, end of' so don't write it on here to impress your mates.

Even if we had the fan-friendly, forward thinking group of people in charge at SWFC that we all crave and this was suggested, it'd probably still never happen due to complaints from local residents about noise.

The Old Trafford (cricket ground) event 'Move' that a previous poster mentioned fell by the wayside a year or two ago due to this.

Guest Commander Vimes

Debate ahead.

But less of the childish digs eh? It makes you look like a prat insulting via the internet.

Two people having a chat in the pub wouldnt just blurt out 'you are a nob, end of' so don't write it on here to impress your mates.

Actually, if one of my mates had come out with the conceited tripe you come out with on here, n0b would be one of the more milder insults hurled his way. :biggrin:

If you seriously think that "Tommy" is a better album than either of the two efforts by the Arctic Monkeys then you need oyur head testing. As for the old "They're not as good as the Beatles" argument, well so flippingwhat? Name me another band in the history of popular music who has been.

The original posters point, which was well made, is that the Arctic Monkeys are one of the biggest bands in the world at the moment (argue all you want - it's a fact). Some of the members happen to be SWFC fans (more fools them) - yet SWFC have made no effort to capitalise on this. No surprise there then.

Even if we had the fan-friendly, forward thinking group of people in charge at SWFC that we all crave and this was suggested, it'd probably still never happen due to complaints from local residents about noise.

The Old Trafford (cricket ground) event 'Move' that a previous poster mentioned fell by the wayside a year or two ago due to this.

I am fully behind moves to expand oppurtunities at Hillsborough. However we would have to be careful if we were to arrange anything on such a grand scale as a modern rock/pop concert. The responsibility would ultimately be handed over to a promoter and Sheffield Wednesday as a club would have little to do with the actual event which asks the question; Exactly how much money would we make from such an event?

If Sheffield Wednesday were to organize an event indepently we would have to be very careful about the money and logistics required for a venue not entirely suited to hosting a concentrated amount of people. Parking, safety, refreshments, stewarding and levels of comfort for visitors would have to be taken into consideration. That requires an initial layout of funds that we maybe can't afford.

I am fully behind moves to expand oppurtunities at Hillsborough. However we would have to be careful if we were to arrange anything on such a grand scale as a modern rock/pop concert. The responsibility would ultimately be handed over to a promoter and Sheffield Wednesday as a club would have little to do with the actual event which asks the question; Exactly how much money would we make from such an event?

If Sheffield Wednesday were to organize an event indepently we would have to be very careful about the money and logistics required for a venue not entirely suited to hosting a concentrated amount of people. Parking, safety, refreshments, stewarding and levels of comfort for visitors would have to be taken into consideration. That requires an initial layout of funds that we maybe can't afford.

FFS..it's been happening since the early 70's....Man Utd utilise the ground all the time. You find a model..and guess what...you ask how it works....

Actually, if one of my mates had come out with the conceited tripe you come out with on here, n0b would be one of the more milder insults hurled his way. :biggrin:

If you seriously think that "Tommy" is a better album than either of the two efforts by the Arctic Monkeys then you need oyur head testing. As for the old "They're not as good as the Beatles" argument, well so flippingwhat? Name me another band in the history of popular music who has been.

The original posters point, which was well made, is that the Arctic Monkeys are one of the biggest bands in the world at the moment (argue all you want - it's a fact). Some of the members happen to be SWFC fans (more fools them) - yet SWFC have made no effort to capitalise on this. No surprise there then.

My mention of 'Tommy' was kudos for a rock band to branch out and attempt a concept album that encompassed a groundbreaking selection of songs whilst maintaining complete credibility with their core fan base. I in no way made any comparison to the two albums.

The Beatles, don't really have any affinity for them but admire the complete change in musical direction from album to album. That is the point I was making...something Oasis, Arctic Monkeys and Coldplay would crap themselves at attempting.

Tommy is not a better album than the AM but " Quadrophenia " is but thats not the issue is it?

if the club had any sense of commercial nous this would be an annual event showcasing sheffield bands

Tommy is not a better album than the AM but " Quadrophenia " is but thats not the issue is it?

if the club had any sense of commercial nous this would be an annual event showcasing sheffield bands

I tried that ....he ignores the points that he can't argue against without losing..

Edited by Freshfish

Guest Commander Vimes

Agree with your second point, not with your first - but music is all about opinions. :biggrin:

Guest aphextwins

I think this would be a fantastic idea!

My background is the Music industry so if anyone really fancies having a go and pitching this to wed give me a shout.

With the contacts I've got and everyone else's we could make this a brilliant event.

PM me if you're really interested.

Guest aphextwins

Bochum Parkway will be more than happy to play at Hillsbro.

73 tickets at £2 each = £146. Every little helps.

Bochum Parkway may well be up for this but what about Gaffer! He's a blade!