SWFC and the Music scene

Typical cynical music fan gauging popularity by sales and exposure. Oasis were a good band that sold out to the London scene and Blur were the kings of PR.

Headlining Glastonbury means nothing to nobody except the middle class simpletons who actually go. I like the Arctic Monkeys but they are of such limited talent and appeal they are destined to simply fall off the musical scale.

This is like saying 'The Beatles are of such limited talent and appeal they are destined to simply fall off the musical scale' after their first two albums.

I'm not saying they are the 'new Beatles' (I'm not a fan of either to be honest) but, they have 'something'.

*edit* and thanks for calling me a 'middle class simpleton' WiseOwl 1979. I love sweeping generalisations like that, they show how ignorant people really are!

Fine, go and watch Jay-Z and Neil Diamond with the Chelsea tractor brigade...those to me are middle-class simpletons buying into a culture rather than creating one.

Jay-Z!? What the flip!?

This is like saying 'The Beatles are of such limited talent and appeal they are destined to simply fall off the musical scale' after their first two albums.

I'm not saying they are the 'new Beatles' (I'm not a fan of either to be honest) but, they have 'something'.

I am no great fan of the Beatles but each album changed musically and politically thanks mostly to the late, great George Harrison.

Given the oppurtunity to creatively make music solo Lennon turned into a gob-poo and McCartney made the Frog Chorus.

If you want real talent you can't go wrong with Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys or Tommy by The Who.

I wont go and see Jay-Z or Neil Diamond thanks. There will be lots of other stuff to see instead.

Now, back on topic.

So why go to Glastonbury? Nowadays its trendy to simply say you have tickets without even having to actually go.

Its a tool Nathan Barley types use to further their domination of the media.

That and gap years to 'find themselves'

Guest micky v

I think it was because Wet Wet Wet and The Water Boys backed out.

(drumroll)

and they were going to do a modern dance version of singin in the rain and raindrops keep falling on my head,also believe that the drifters and the floaters were due to appear

I am no great fan of the Beatles but each album changed musically and politically thanks mostly to the late, great George Harrison.

Given the oppurtunity to creatively make music solo Lennon turned into a gob-poo and McCartney made the Frog Chorus.

If you want real talent you can't go wrong with Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys or Tommy by The Who.

So not the first two Beatles albums then? They got better.

So not the first two Beach Boys albums then? They got better.

So not the first two Who albums then? They got better.

Yet you feel able to judge a different band on their first two albums, who's to say that the Arctic Monkeys don't have a 'George Harrison' (your choice of artist)?

So why go to Glastonbury? Nowadays its trendy to simply say you have tickets without even having to actually go.

Its a tool Nathan Barley types use to further their domination of the media.

That and gap years to 'find themselves'

Could you fit any more lazy cliches into that statement? Have you ever been?