Sit at Both Ends tickets

Now bare with me on this one.

I remember from when i was 13 ish and the first time i started going with my friends. we couldnt afford a full season ticket so we would pick and choose our matches but we could only afford to sit on the Kop and for a big group of us at the bottom.

Now i remember being able to see every goal in front of the Kop but it would prove difficult to see at the other end through a mass of bodies.

So why not pen off a square of seats directly behind the goal. This will enable people to sit where they want/with their mates and see the goals at close quarters. THEN at half time( under the supervision of stewards they are walked round to sit directly behind the opposite goal.

You could charge a couple of extra quid for these tickets.

You could advertise this as ''see all Wednesdays goal...... BETTER. or something like that

I would help the atmosphere a bit.

Get some National POSITIVE press attention.

Entice a few fans to come back to Hillsborough to try it out

You could perhaps sell a few tickets for cheaper/give away to schools to do the opposite and sit at the defending end just to fill the gaps. again GOOD pr

Probable flawed and loads of logic gaps but i thought i would throw it out there.

8 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

how do you know which way we'll be kicking

He will have to stand on the half way line before kick off , then run to the right stand when the ref has tossed. 

Guest Buxtonian

Prior to the building of the North (Cantilever) Stand. this is what happened..People could purchase admission at either end (Kop or Lepp), enter either end, and transfer as and when they wanted. They would move behind the Old Stand as it was known at any time during the game and stand on either Kop or Lane, or even transfer for a small price into the Stand where you could either stand on the Terrace or go into the Stand behind the terrace. My Dad and I always arrived at the Kop end depending on which route we travelled to the match, went in the Kop end and, whilst I was young and small, transferred into the Old  Stand as it was then known, or later, go round to the Lepp. This was the usual starting place for many since that was the way Wednesday usually kicked, transferring at half time to the Kop for the second half, pausing to purchase a hot pie and a cup of Bovril on the way. 

This stopped when the Cantilever Stand was built, blocking the route between the two ends. 

On 9 February 2008 at 23:16, ShaunO1 said:

Now bare with me on this one.

I remember from when i was 13 ish and the first time i started going with my friends. we couldnt afford a full season ticket so we would pick and choose our matches but we could only afford to sit on the Kop and for a big group of us at the bottom.

Now i remember being able to see every goal in front of the Kop but it would prove difficult to see at the other end through a mass of bodies.

So why not pen off a square of seats directly behind the goal. This will enable people to sit where they want/with their mates and see the goals at close quarters. THEN at half time( under the supervision of stewards they are walked round to sit directly behind the opposite goal.

You could charge a couple of extra quid for these tickets.

You could advertise this as ''see all Wednesdays goal...... BETTER. or something like that

I would help the atmosphere a bit.

Get some National POSITIVE press attention.

Entice a few fans to come back to Hillsborough to try it out

You could perhaps sell a few tickets for cheaper/give away to schools to do the opposite and sit at the defending end just to fill the gaps. again GOOD pr

Probable flawed and loads of logic gaps but i thought i would throw it out there.

You only find out which way they're kicking just before kick off so that would be a reyt faff