Norwegian Owls

Guest teeba

Hello fellow Owls,

Made my first post on the matchday thread for Owls vs Derby re-match, but thought to follow up with an introduction here. Trym's the name, 30 year old and one of what seems few Norwegian Owls, and have followed the greatest team for the last 15 years or so (to borrow the words of the Danish Owl further down this forum). Chris Waddle wasn't my reason though, John Sheridan remains my Sheff Weds legend, and also the years under Trevor Francis..

Never seen Wednesday on home ground, but lived in London for a year and got to see them away to QPR (great match since my flat was pretty much nextdoor to Loftus Road so I kind of sympathise with QPR too and have actually seen them a few times). However, I'm a Wednesday supporter and was sad to see us lose.. Hoping to visit Sheffield next season for my first home match.

Thanks, Norway's a huge country geographically and I've yet to meet another Owls supporter here in person. But good to know there's some on Owlstalk, thanks!

:)

Mate of mine is head-greenkeeper at the best golf course in Bergen. Comes accross 7/8 times per season.

Was once seen on Eurosport as a helper at the Bislett Games raking the sand in the long jump pit in his Wednesday shirt.

Serious question for our Scandanavian friends.

Is it compulsory for you to wear Viking helmets when you come to Britain? :biggrin:

In Glasgow on saturday for the international, most were wearing helmets. Apart from them dressed as polar bears!!

Top crowd of lads though, made for a great atmosphere and a great weekend.

Mate of mine is head-greenkeeper at the best golf course in Bergen. Comes accross 7/8 times per season.

Was once seen on Eurosport as a helper at the Bislett Games raking the sand in the long jump pit in his Wednesday shirt.

It rains a lot in Bergen.

Did not catch him on the telly. Good story though! He should get his arse to Oslo this Sunday!

Serious question for our Scandanavian friends.

Is it compulsory for you to wear Viking helmets when you come to Britain? :biggrin:

In Glasgow on saturday for the international, most were wearing helmets. Apart from them dressed as polar bears!!

Top crowd of lads though, made for a great atmosphere and a great weekend.

Kind of compulsory yes :laugh:

Yes, we're not known for being very violent with regards to football. Kind of a family thing in Norway really.

Welcome to Owlstalk!

I think we have a few resident Owls round here who live in Norway and/or are Norwegian themselves - OwlsfaninNorway and Tommey82.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

one of my top owls pin badges was given to me by a Norwegion lad after i had helped him obtain an owls shirt whilst on holiday in lanzarote. it has the norway and uk flags the owl and norway owls written on it. had the lads address but lost it :mellow:

Fantastisk å se norske ugler her på forumet! Jeg poster ikke så ofte, men leser flittig hver dag :biggrin: Christian er navnet og bor selvsagt i Kristiansand. Så play-off finalen mutters alene på fotballpuben her i byen, så er vel ikke så mange av oss her i landet :happy:

Drar til Nottingham og skal uglene endelig ta tre poeng til helga, skjønner det er et massivt oppmøte på gang, så er jo nødt å bli bra!

In English:

Fantastic to know that there are Wednesday supporters in Norway, not many, but a few! I do not post often, but read every day :biggrin: Christian is my name, and I live in Kristiansand. I saw the play-off final all alone in a big football pub in my hometown, so I guess there is not many of us in Norway

Going to the Notts match this weekend, hoping for three points and looking forward to the massive Wednesday supporter turnout!

i grew up in Norway and met only one other owl in the 20 years i lived there and he was english!!!

my dad who lives in Elverum is a massive wednesday fan. also i think we have managed to entice my sisters oldest one to become one of us and they live in Oslo

as for me i haven't been back for a few years. but it would be great to see some fellow wednesdayites in norway when i go back.

Guest valley owl 2000

Hello fellow Owls,

Made my first post on the matchday thread for Owls vs Derby re-match, but thought to follow up with an introduction here. Trym's the name, 30 year old and one of what seems few Norwegian Owls, and have followed the greatest team for the last 15 years or so (to borrow the words of the Danish Owl further down this forum). Chris Waddle wasn't my reason though, John Sheridan remains my Sheff Weds legend, and also the years under Trevor Francis..

Never seen Wednesday on home ground, but lived in London for a year and got to see them away to QPR (great match since my flat was pretty much nextdoor to Loftus Road so I kind of sympathise with QPR too and have actually seen them a few times). However, I'm a Wednesday supporter and was sad to see us lose.. Hoping to visit Sheffield next season for my first home match.