Club Scarfs!!!

Lawsy showed the way with his scarf.....now the chance to follow the scarf waving up.

A Couple of ideas....

1. Buy a bulk load and offer them for a quid to cover costs and lets give the fans some individual identity- or get a sponsor and dish out to everyone at the next home game.

2. Every one who gets a Blades away ticket receives a free scarf so we can wave them to our hearts content at pighole lane!! This rewards the loyal fans while winding up the pigs!!

Lets put a smile back to match days and have a laugh again!!

Come the board!!

Edited by muzworker

Cracking idea mate and a common sense one to anyone who's got any sales/marketing background

Build up a laws scarf waving cult sales campaign

Sorted

Just the thought!!

Lets get some identity back!!

With identity come pride....with pride comes increased spending!!

Northern Rock ( lol )

They handed out 5000 FREE scarfs to Toon fans last year.

That was the start of their downfall.

I did have this idea a few months back and was going to propose it to Wednesdayite to see if there was anything the could do...

A bulk of something like 5000 scarves could sure be bought for peanuts... simple blue and white scarves with a Wednesdayite symbol and web address on a piece of paper stapled to them. Offer them for free with voluntary contributions.

Anything to give us some pride. I bought a scarf for the derby and therefore thats why we won.

NOt a bad idea for the piglane derby.... scarfs have got to be cheap to bulk make surely? 2000 at a quid each? ? ? ? ?

they dont even have to be complicated designs - just "SWFC down the middle of em!

doesnt even need to be that complicated, just the blue and white old school type which also minimises cost

I have sourced a supplier that can make custom made scarfs at a really cheap (less than 40p per unit)- with a minimum order of 6,000.

We could have them blue and white - with lawsy's picture on if wanted!!

If the club/wednesdayite wants to PM me - I'll supply details etc

If I can do this in one morning.......without being paid......what has the paid commercial team at SWFC come up with? i'm sure with thier contacts a better deal!!!!????

I look forward to getting my PM........or to buying my scarf from the shop ready for the derby return because the club have already sorted it!!

:biggrin:

Edited by muzworker

I have sourced a supplier that can make custom made scarfs at a really cheap (less than 40p per unit)- with a minimum order of 6,000.

We could have them blue and white - with lawsy's picture on if wanted!!

If the club/wednesdayite wants to PM me - I'll supply details etc

If I can do this in one morning.......without being paid......what has the paid commercial team at SWFC come up with? i'm sure with thier contacts a better deal!!!!????

I look forward to getting my PM........or to buying my scarf from the shop ready for the derby return because the club have already sorted it!!

:biggrin:

Would love to see Wednesdayite get in on this, I really would.

6000 scarves for £2400 quid

Sell them for 50p each outside the ground = £600 for the academy or elsewhere... or for more scarves!

Guest walldanzig

I would buy one maybe more it would be amazing to see Sodje score and the wednesday crowd all go wild waving scarves. Maybe a conga line to emulate Brian Laws run down the wing whilst waving scarves come on

That was the start of their downfall.

I did have this idea a few months back and was going to propose it to Wednesdayite to see if there was anything the could do...

A bulk of something like 5000 scarves could sure be bought for peanuts... simple blue and white scarves with a Wednesdayite symbol and web address on a piece of paper stapled to them. Offer them for free with voluntary contributions.

Anything to give us some pride. I bought a scarf for the derby and therefore thats why we won.

I brought this up last year at a Wednesdayite board meeting..... when purchasing a new giant flag was being discussed.

I think it's a fantastic idea - imagine the response if we handed out a free scarf to everyone on the kop one Saturday afternoon???