Waterlogged pitch - should it/will it be called off tonight?

I have just driven from Middlewood to deepcar. It usually takes me 15 mins. 40 mins this morning. The road at Wharncliffe is flooded, the man hole covers are raised with water puoring everywhere. Our car park is flooded already and once again the river at the rear of the building is once again high. If this carries on all day, then the match will surely be called off.

I did hear that the forecast is that the rain will cease this afternoon giving a dry & clear night. However, the forecasters have never been wrong before have they :biggrin:

"Some lady called in from the South of England thinking there was going to be a hurricane. Well I can tell you madam there won't be"

we laid Leon Clarke on the pitch all night so the pitch is quite dry he soaked up most of the rain.

Now if only we could get Brian Robson over for a couple of hours, he could drink the rest (as long as we lace it with a bit of whisky....)

Posted Image

Match On??

Pitch Being Monitored Ahead Of Cup Clash

Posted on: Tue 15 Jan 2008

The club is monitoring the situation with regard to state of the state of the pitch and the projected weather forecast today. Sheffield Wednesday are liasing with The FA and, at the present time (10am) tonight's match is expected to go ahead as scheduled.

However, we would advise everyone to keep an eye on the club's official website -www.swfc.co.uk - and listen to local radio stations for further updates.

http://www.swfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1215578,00.html