Waterlogged pitch - should it/will it be called off tonight?

Guest davet30

Definately possible - although I guess we'll just have to wait and see

If it gets cancelled rather than abandoned a little ways in like the Coventry game will we have to pay that extra 5 pounds?

doubt the game will go ahead now.. a lot more rain than the Coventry match... hope SWFC make a statement early to avoid people making unnecessary travel... it would be a complete farce if it went ahead again and got called off mid way through.

Was really looking forward to a match but if it did get called off the positive is that hopefully the team will be better prepared for the Steel city derby.

Just out of interest...there was rumours that the under soil heating was knackered last time... with the amount of raining falling could the system still move this water away??? or for down pours like this would, SWFC look to take care of the pitch by using a cover like in Cricket? obviously a huge cover!! ;o)

doubt the game will go ahead now.. a lot more rain than the Coventry match... hope SWFC make a statement early to avoid people making unnecessary travel... it would be a complete farce if it went ahead again and got called off mid way through.

Was really looking forward to a match but if it did get called off the positive is that hopefully the team will be better prepared for the Steel city derby.

Just out of interest...there was rumours that the under soil heating was knackered last time... with the amount of raining falling could the system still move this water away??? or for down pours like this would, SWFC look to take care of the pitch by using a cover like in Cricket? obviously a huge cover!! ;o)

I'm in Stannington and its steadily raining here. As water has a tendency to run downhill i'm fearing postponement

It's p1ssng down here in Middlewood, I am not going, so I hope it's postponed. :biggrin: Gives more time to prepare for the derby. The last thing we need right now is a home defeat on pens or extra time, the possability of injuries on a soaking pitch etc.

It's p1ssng down here in Middlewood, I am not going, so I hope it's postponed. :biggrin: Gives more time to prepare for the derby. The last thing we need right now is a home defeat on pens or extra time, the possability of injuries on a soaking pitch etc.

I expect an annoncement will be made sooner rather than later so as to cause minimum trouble to Swfc's loyal fans and lifeblood.

I expect an annoncement will be made sooner rather than later so as to cause minimum trouble to Swfc's loyal fans and lifeblood.

yeah right!

Since when have SWFC put the LOYAL fans first?

in fact when have SWFC in recent years given the LOYAL fans a second thought?

There'll be nowt worse than playing on it tonight, and feckin it up for Saturday.

Thus making Saturdays game a non-specticle (that doesn't look right).

Saying that 2 poo poo teams in a local derby, it's gonna be throw anyway.