Matchday DVD's.

Guest oreillys

Guest oreillys

I know the club sell all singing all dancing selected match dvd's for about £15 from the shop but what would you be prepared to pay for any games completely raw footage. I am talking no intros, no extras, no interviews, no commentary, no replays (except on a few games) just crowd noise and 90 minutes footy? (The footage would be professionally taken from the camera that does the ITV Sunday morning show so it would be of broadcast quality).

There is a possibility that the club may be offering a raw dvd service in the near future that would be available within 30 minutes of the end of each match.

It would be for every game, (home to start then maybe some away) but I would like a realistic idea of what you would be prepared to pay for such a dvd

It would be presented in a professional manner, ie decent case, cover and quality printed dvd, so what do you think?

Fiver

Note - it's pointless being available 30 minutes after the game really as everyone has gone home ?

But five quid - and I'd sign up for a season ticket if I could - pay upfront for a full seasons games on DVD - so long as this was discounted

The club should charge up front for a full season DVD subscription (that way you don't pick and choose your games and leave out the poo 0-0's !)

Also - produce a nice box presentation case you can put them in and either sell them in the club superstore (thereby increasing the number of people tempted into buying the dvd's) or at the same time as the dvd season subscription

packaged and marketed correctly they would sell really well

flip it up and try ripping fans off and you might as well wave your wee wee tail in front of the kop shouting "WHAT ABOUT THIS THEN ??"

Owlstalk Shop

Guest oreillys

Is this like Crudites?

Or more your full on Beef tartare??

It would be that raw it would be still flinching like a freshly slaughtered calf.

Is that tatare enough for you?

Seriously, it would be as I described, just the match and crowd noise, nothing more.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Fiver

Note - it's pointless being available 30 minutes after the game really as everyone has gone home ?

Maybe they could lock everyone in until it was ready, alternatively could it be sold as a download from the SWFC official site compressed for speed or would that be too 21st century!!

I know the club sell all singing all dancing selected match dvd's for about £15 from the shop but what would you be prepared to pay for any games completely raw footage. I am talking no intros, no extras, no interviews, no commentary, no replays (except on a few games) just crowd noise and 90 minutes footy? (The footage would be professionally taken from the camera that does the ITV Sunday morning show so it would be of broadcast quality).

There is a possibility that the club may be offering a raw dvd service in the near future that would be available within 30 minutes of the end of each match.

It would be for every game, (home to start then maybe some away) but I would like a realistic idea of what you would be prepared to pay for such a dvd

It would be presented in a professional manner, ie decent case, cover and quality printed dvd, so what do you think?

The price should be set so that people will subscribe in advance rather than match by match -

A reasonable price would be £100 for all home games £125 for all away or £200 for both (p&p on top)

Or say £7 per game for one off purchase

Guest oreillys

Fiver

I must admit thats about the price that I thought.

As far as the times go, if its a stormer then people will wait. If its a stinker then fair enough.

30 minute would be a maximum though, it would probably be available quite a way before that tbh.... modern technology and all that.....

I must admit thats about the price that I thought.

As far as the times go, if its a stormer then people will wait. If its a stinker then fair enough.

30 minute would be a maximum though, it would probably be available quite a way before that tbh....modern technology and all that.....

HAHAHAHA

At S6???

Edited by senwar

Where would people get them from 30 minutes after the game ?

The superstore ?

Also - people will only be interested if the disks are produced on the best quality disks and burnt off at a reasonably slow speed to ensure that they work and are compatible

DIVX downloads would be awesome and I'd definitely have that - and would definitely have away games

Owlstalk Shop

Guest oreillys

Fiver

But five quid - and I'd sign up for a season ticket if I could - pay upfront for a full seasons games on DVD - so long as this was discounted

The club should charge up front for a full season DVD subscription (that way you don't pick and choose your games and leave out the poo 0-0's !)

Also - produce a nice box presentation case you can put them in and either sell them in the club superstore (thereby increasing the number of people tempted into buying the dvd's) or at the same time as the dvd season subscription

packaged and marketed correctly they would sell really well

flip it up and try ripping fans off and you might as well wave your wee wee tail in front of the kop shouting "WHAT ABOUT THIS THEN ??"

But this is the point I am trying to make.

You can have a bloody good sarnie on the way home from a game that you pay a fiver for that you would enjoy as much as a meal from Gordon Ramsay for £100. The thing I am trying to get to people is that you are getting RAW footage at a basic price.

As soon as you start talking about presentation boxes and season ticket dvd's the the price starts to rise.

Not that that would be ruled out in the future, I agree it is a good idea, maybe for the start of next season?

Guest oreillys

Where would people get them from 30 minutes after the game ?

The superstore ?

Also - people will only be interested if the disks are produced on the best quality disks and burnt off at a reasonably slow speed to ensure that they work and are compatible

DIVX downloads would be awesome and I'd definitely have that - and would definitely have away games

Either the superstore or south stand areas or even from boxes to cars stuck in traffic on the way home, wherever people are.

What would you call reasonably slow?

DIVX would be great, especially for away games as previously mentioned but there may be a problem with media rights from broadcast and internet companies, it is something I will have to look at....

season ticket dvd's the the price starts to rise.

Why would the price rise for season ticket dvd's - surely if you could get 1,000 people to buy a season ticket it would bring down the average cost an incremental costs considerably.

Get a subsciber base who will take every single one and costs fall.

As soon as you start talking about presentation boxes and season ticket dvd's the the price starts to rise.

Not that that would be ruled out in the future, I agree it is a good idea, maybe for the start of next season?

Raw footage - no problem with that

Season ticket dvd's - why is that an issue ? It's a route to market and a great way of selling the fookers

What's the point in producing them if you don't market them properly ?

If you just say "you can buy the game after the match - just hang about 30 minutes in the superstore" you're gonna be fooked cos everyone will be on the bus home or in the pub

If you say "here's a fantastic opportunity to buy a full season of the upcoming seasons games on dvd - pay online £100 now and you'll get them delivered or sent vouchers to collect them from the superstore at your leisure" you've sold a full seasons worth to someone

Offer a presentation box as an optional extra - you've got an upsell

I have to stress though that if the disks are burnt off at 20 speed on PCline blanks then you might as well go sit rubbing your groin in Hillsborough Park

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Johnbloodaxe

My only question is there some copyright restriction with the Championship deals done with Sky etc on this which may be restrictive to these sales? Or maybe it only comes into question when they are televising the game live?

If not they simply should get on with it.