Woodhead Pass

Guest farnworthowls

Guest farnworthowls

When travelling back home to Bolton after every single match and come to think of it every single time we ever come to Sheffield we get stuck in a huge snake behind some HGV only doing 30, due to the fact its almost suicidal to overtake on that road it makes for a longer trip than it should really be.The Question is - Should HGV's be banned from the pass for safety reasons?? (every time you go on the pass there is a new hole in the wall)Discuss

When travelling back home to Bolton after every single match and come to think of it every single time we ever come to Sheffield we get stuck in a huge snake behind some HGV only doing 30, due to the fact its almost suicidal to overtake on that road it makes for a longer trip than it should really be.The Question is - Should HGV's be banned from the pass for safety reasons?? (every time you go on the pass there is a new hole in the wall)Discuss

i know - i used it every week for yrs for the airport. try n relax, too dangerous a road to overtake on. is still quicker than motorway as it is so direct.avoid in snow/ice however - eek.

Guest transpennineowl

its jus the same as the motorway i think....

shame that its the pennines there coz if it was a reasonably flat straight motorway you could get from sheffield to manchester in around half an hour...

but its not.