'Sit Anywhere' stands...

SIT ANYWHERE STAND

Here's how it works

You designate a stand as a 'sit anywhere' stand

I would ideally do this on the kop and north stand

Season tickets sold are simply swipe cards to get you into the stand - then you can sit anywhere (your season ticket would get you reduced prices and a free home shirt if the other 'free home shirt' idea was adopted)

Tickets sold on the day would be again just to allow you into that stand - you walk into the stand and sit where you like

Benefits:

1) Less costs for stewarding

2) Fans arrive earlier to get their seats - thus increasing turnover of the merchandise/food/programme/draw tickets

3) A massively increased atmosphere due to fans being able to sit with their mates (increasing their willingness to sing/shout/make noise)

4) Occasional fans can still sit with season ticket holders

5) Less ticket office issues

6) Increased attendance as occasional fans would be attracted to the games to sit with more regular fans they know

Owlstalk Shop

SIT ANYWHERE STAND

Here's how it works

You designate a stand as a 'sit anywhere' stand

I would ideally do this on the kop and north stand

Season tickets sold are simply swipe cards to get you into the stand - then you can sit anywhere (your season ticket would get you reduced prices and a free home shirt if the other 'free home shirt' idea was adopted)

Tickets sold on the day would be again just to allow you into that stand - you walk into the stand and sit where you like

Benefits:

1) Less costs for stewarding

2) Fans arrive earlier to get their seats - thus increasing turnover of the merchandise/food/programme/draw tickets

3) A massively increased atmosphere due to fans being able to sit with their mates (increasing their willingness to sing/shout/make noise)

4) Occasional fans can still sit with season ticket holders

5) Less ticket office issues

6) Increased attendance as occasional fans would be attracted to the games to sit with more regular fans they know

Here's how it works.....

someone's sat in my seat..he gets politely asked to leave...rings ambulance :laugh:

You mean like the olds days on the kop?.....as the saying goes 'if it aint broke don't fix it'....

The difference there is we didn't have seats in the old days, so of course it'd work back then.

Nowadays people want their seat.

In my opinion this would never work.

You never actually stood 'exactly' in the same spot week in week out unless you got their early....but you could 'stand' with your mates..and move around if you fancied without it being a problem...( before and at half time i mean...not during..)...it wasn't about ownership of a 'space/seat' it was about being together where you fancied....It would work and certainly should be brought back on the kop...

Here's how it works.....

someone's sat in my seat..he gets politely asked to leave...rings ambulance :laugh:

It wouldn't be 'your' seat

derrrr.....

ie. the..... encouraging people to arrive early and spend more money ...part!!!

totally agree with the being able to sit with friends and family who don't have season tkts.

as for the..can't do it for 'police and safety reasons', it works at the New Den so why not here?

You never actually stood 'exactly' in the same spot week in week out unless you got their early....but you could 'stand' with your mates..and move around if you fancied without it being a problem...( before and at half time i mean...not during..)...it wasn't about ownership of a 'space/seat' it was about being together where you fancied....It would work and certainly should be brought back on the kop...

It's the way to get a critical mass of people together to make a noise. As FF says, in the old days you knew where to stand if you wanted to be involved in the chanting and singing, and where to stand if you just wanted to watch the match more quietly.

What possible police/safety objection can there be to people sitting where they like? Apart from supposedly being able to identify everybody by video surveillance according to the seat they're in. Football fans are not criminals just because they go to a match.

It's the way to get a critical mass of people together to make a noise. As FF says, in the old days you knew where to stand if you wanted to be involved in the chanting and singing, and where to stand if you just wanted to watch the match more quietly.

What possible police/safety objection can there be to people sitting where they like? Apart from supposedly being able to identify everybody by video surveillance according to the seat they're in. Football fans are not criminals just because they go to a match.

I agree what about when you can pay on the gate at grounds/ they dont ask for proof of id address etc.

It will never work, I give Burnley away on Boxing Day as an example, people standing anywhere (i.e. in the aisles because they couldn't be arsed to find a seat), people leaving a gap between themselves and the next group of people incase they catch a disease or something (lobbers), the list goes on.

On 16/12/2007 at 21:18, Tyto Alba said:

This is very true.

The atmosphere has always been slightly diluted since they put seats on the KOP and some of the common people moved to the far wing of the North Stand.