turkish owls

POsted a thread about this seperately but thought it be a good idea here also.

Thankyou please...

Going to Istanbul next month and hoping to drag my american mate to see a proper sport.

It looks like the fixtures arent finalised because it says all games are on the sunday but looking at previous weeks they must have one sat and one sun, due to policing the nutty turks.

From what I can see fenerbache and galatasaray are at home that weekend and i need to go to the saturday game, fly back sunday. Wondered if anyone had any experience of this, ie ticket availability and how to get to A or B.

Hopefully have someone over there that can get tickets beforehand, its not a derby match, thank god, ive seen the youtube videos so hopefully can get sorted.

Anyway, anyone been and can give advice, good idea/suicide etc..

Unless whoever it is you're playing is another Istanbul team, you'll have no problems with the tickets. I wouldn't go anywhere near Cim Bom or Fener (even if you could get tickets) if they were playing each other, because it's like world war three when they get together. If you're going as neutrals, you really shouldn't have a problem, because the Turks are the most welcoming people you could ever meet. I've been in Istanbul on match day, and even in the national stadium in Izmir, in my Wednesday shirt, without the hint of a problem. If you're an opposition fan, however, that's a totally different story.

If you know fairly soon when you're going, PM me, and I'll contact my mate in Turkey, who is a Cim Bom (Galatasaray) fanatic, and I'll ask him about the availablity of tickets.

In the meantime, check out, http://www.galatasaraynews.com/ it's not the official site, but it has links to masses of Galatasasray sites, including the official one, and also has forthcoming fixtures on it. If, however, you're going to watch Fenerbahce, can't help you. I know nothing about them, other than they're a joke team as far as gala fans are concerned.

that websites spot on. looks like ill be there for gala v keyser soze on mar 7th, wasnt hoping to go to a derby game....ive seen youtube footage.

I think i have someone there that can organise tickets, had this mad idea that they queue up for about 7 hours or somethinhg to get in. Would just love to show my baseball/cricket loving yank mate what proper sport is. If you can find out how to get tickets and prices etc, what times kickoff usually on a friday, as it will be, that would be handy. Should work out the rest when i get there.

Thanks for the info..thats super handy. Not sure ill risk wearing owls shirt, did that in denmark once it was similar colour as one of their rivals, tho some guy did come up to me and talking about euro 2000 matches in S6 he came to.

Been speaking to my mate, and he says, as I thought, unless it's a local derby, it'll be easy to get a ticket on the day. He lives nine hours drive from Istanbul so doesn't see them as often as he'd like, but thinks the price of the ticket would be approx 20/25 YTL.