What happened to Sammy ?

Guest owlsowlsowls

Guest wadsleybridgeowl

remember the guy well. Ugly as sin and full of yellow spots.

Often seen leading the charge in to other fans.

Guest steve tomo

GOT LOCKED UP WITH SAMMY BACK IN 1977 AT WEST BAR ALL HE HAD DONE WAS BLOW HIS NOSE ON A ROTHERHAM FANS SCARF SAT IN THE NORTH STAND WHAT A TRUE LEGHEND HE GOT FINED £90 WHICH WAS A

LOT OF MONEY THEN AND HAD TO PAY IT WITHIN 7 DAYS HE TOLD THE JUDGE YOU MIGTH AS WELL LOCK ME UP

NOW BECAUSE I HAVENT GOT £90 LIVE FOR EVER SAMMY

Guest davekowl

My lad saw Sammy on Hackenthorpe shops the other day. He's sure he's still got the same denim jacket on .

Guest owlsowlsowls

I've just seen Sammy this morning at Crystal Peaks, shopping with his Mam in Wilkinsons.I said " hey up Sammy, come on you blue and white wizards".He replied with a chorus of Hark Now Hear ............. at the top of his voice, and a handshake :biggrin::biggrin: What a legend.

I've just seen Sammy this morning at Crystal Peaks, shopping with his Mam in Wilkinsons.I said " hey up Sammy, come on you blue and white wizards".He replied with a chorus of Hark Now Hear ............. at the top of his voice, and a handshake :biggrin::biggrin: What a legend.

good to read sammys still about

Guest newark jim

I've just seen Sammy this morning at Crystal Peaks, shopping with his Mam in Wilkinsons.

I said " hey up Sammy, come on you blue and white wizards".

He replied with a chorus of Hark Now Hear ............. at the top of his voice, and a handshake :biggrin::biggrin:

What a legend.

Saw him pissed outside Blue Bell on Hackenthorpe last year.

Would love to see Sammy again. Wednesday to the bone and even though he was small and relatively frail he was always game when coming face to face with opposition fans. He followed Wednesday everywhere and I can visualise him now with his scarf, crombie with silk blue hanky and Dr Marts. He was a cult hero at the time and it was sickening when I heard that half a dozen blades had set on him and used him like a football. Even after that he still came to the next game showing his bruises and cuts vowing vengeance.

Guest intercity0wl

Only just moved to Hackenthorpe in January, Sammy is my next door neighbour, he still wednesday through an through, always asks how the games been.

Is there no way you can get him to a game ?.

Wow...this brings back some memories...was at Mansfield in '76 when he 'invaded' the pitch and alot of the awaydays at that time..it was true that he was egged on by his 'mates' usually to start things kicking off... and just pi$$ed myself at the West Stand flag story....was on the kop and the whole ground was cheering him on as he shinned up the pole with a couple of coppers waiting at the bottom for him when he came down....SAMMY.. WEDNESDAY LEGEND !!!!....