Nottingham Owls

Guest Infamouszigg

Get crashing this thread again,

But in answer to W.Bridgeford Owl,

Was up at my old stomping ground of Dronfield this last saturday, at home Christmas day (Long Eaton), Full house of all the wife's relatives Boxing day, Up to Lyceuem threatre for my families Christmas panto Thursday. New Years eve at friends locally and then up to see the mighty Owls on New year's day.

To all Midlands based Owls a very merry Christmas and prosperous New Year.

Midlands Owls

Many towns, One Team

Livin' the dream!

Guest shadow_ads

alright sam. i am a nottingham owl. and ironically i play football in cotgrave on saturdays. for cotgeave collery welfare united reserves taking up the same posisiton as the legend that is kevin pressman. wednesday shirt on under my team shirt everyweek.

Guest Kristofferson67

Another Nottingham Owl here!

Just purchased house in the Meadows and working near Long Eaton. Try and get to as many games as possible per season.

Home matches I tend to either go up the night before and stay at my parent's house or if it is midweek speed up after work. I drive up on my own for both. Why? Are you after a lift or summat?!!

If so then mid week games at home you can have one if you need?

Away matches are always either those close by (in which case it is the train + beer) or in London (train down for the w/e then beer + beer!)

Having said all this I am thinking about not renewing next year due to the hassle of getting up...

Home matches I tend to either go up the night before and stay at my parent's house or if it is midweek speed up after work. I drive up on my own for both. Why? Are you after a lift or summat?!!

If so then mid week games at home you can have one if you need?

Away matches are always either those close by (in which case it is the train + beer) or in London (train down for the w/e then beer + beer!)

Having said all this I am thinking about not renewing next year due to the hassle of getting up...

I am in the same scenario as you. I drive up on my own. Was going to offer you a lift sometime.

I am in the same scenario as you. I drive up on my own. Was going to offer you a lift sometime.

Ah right mate, I understand.

I have missed the start of the last 3 mid week games as my work is rubbish! Thanks for the thought anyhow

Forest next year - it'll be like a home game for the first time in years!!

It's going to be crap when they beat us after all the stick we've no doubt all been giving them in the last year or so

Keyworth connection in to Bridgford then the luxury of a pre-game beer or two and the added luxury of a post-game beer to boot.

Derby as well, ok, probably have to drive but still be home in no time - happy days for Nottingham owls :biggrin:

Forest next year - it'll be like a home game for the first time in years!!

It's going to be crap when they beat us after all the stick we've no doubt all been giving them in the last year or so

Keyworth connection in to Bridgford then the luxury of a pre-game beer or two and the added luxury of a post-game beer to boot.

Derby as well, ok, probably have to drive but still be home in no time - happy days for Nottingham owls :biggrin:

Nottingham and Derby are bound to be on the fixture list when I go to the Falklands 26th Aug - 1st Jan09. Will be gutted after all the travelling I did last season!

Guest intercity0wl

Lived in nottingham for a few months last year in a place called Bullwell very scary place, all the people looked the same, and has with scary pubs.

Guest shadow_ads

Unlucky intercityowl. im in the mini hell called netherfield. cant wait for the 2 forest games and derby even tho they are saturdays. might make donny rovers as its the day before my 20th :st2: nottingham is crap for pubs tho i have only seen 1 where i could watch a wednesday game and was because i persuaded my mates dad wo owns the place to put it on lol

I miss Nottingham already :sad: Only been back home 3 weeks!!

Although to be fair.. the one trip I have made to Nottingham since moving back resulted in my car being broke into!

You don't live here anymore. Please leave the thread.

Thank you.