New Owls Heaven podcast on the Röhl revolution

Hi Owls, quick heads up that we have a new Owls Heaven podcast available with Rob & Joe...

They talk about Danny Röhl's impact, the performance of Cadamarteri & Vaulks, plus the talk of a 30,000 pound a week striker.

You can download the last episode wherever you get your pods, or just click here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0gxk3yw

Here's a video too...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Listened to this earlier and really enjoyed it. 

I must agree that I cannot recall seemingly everyone getting behind a manager so quickly.  It's almost as though DR gets it. Even in defeat on the road, he comes over to us.  Also very refreshing that he answers questions quickly and efficiently and truthfully. 

Great listen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Cheers @FH Team

I does actually feel like battling against a points deduction. 

I have no idea why DR wanted the job so much, unless he’s been dying to live in Sheffield all his life… he has my 100% backing though ! 

No lose situation for DR really, if he does well he'll be lauded and probably get a bigger opportunity, if he does badly well its all channers fault 

Just now, ameylamps said:

No lose situation for DR really, if he does well he'll be lauded and probably get a bigger opportunity, if he does badly well its all channers fault 

I guess DR is in his first steps as a manager, but why us?  A somewhat basket case of a club… he could have possibly convinced a different chairman to take him on - but he applied twice for us, we’re led to believe. 

If he loses every game from when he gets here I think he’s still screwed. Look where Xisco just went, obscurity. 

33 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Röhl revolution!! Won 2 games out of 7!

Come on Matt… we’ve gone from ‘cold, standoffish’ Xisco the confirmed flop to likeable guy who has already won more points. 

Viva La Rohlution !

(as someone said earlier) 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Röhl revolution!! Won 2 games out of 7!

Stopping up, and this time next year being in top 6, maybe it is right to call irmt Röhl revolution, but after 2 good home performances, it is way too premature.

It's not just two good performances, though - results haven't always followed, but performances have been a lot better since Röhl's arrival.

Considering the desperate state we were in thanks to Muñoz's tenure, the turnaround under Röhl has been really impressive.

We've gone from playing the most timid, passive, defeatist football I've ever seen to playing front-foot, purposeful, attacking football which is giving us a chance of competing at this level.

We're still hamstrung by the quality of the players in our squad, and the improvements may not be enough to keep us up this season, but I'm seeing enough positive signs from Röhl to think we've got a very good manager at the helm.

• Thanks 1

Great listen, @FH Team.

It was great to hear you discussing the treatment Dawson's getting from sections of the fanbase.

How any Wednesday fan can think jeering or sarcastically cheering our own 'keeper is going to help matters, I have no idea.

And as you point out, Hillsborough is usually such a passive ground, yet some have decided to direct the first bit of angst they've managed to muster up at one of our own players!

Baffling.

• Like 1