Protest march, QPR (h) 16th December, 2pm (and why it's happening)

12 hours ago, Jürgen Weißbrot said:

What's the objective of the protest?

To convince a man with millions tied up in a business to write more of the money off than he would otherwise be inclined to?

To force him to sell up and fizz off 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnnyQuinnsQuiff said:

Basically stating that Despot won’t sell the club so it’s not worth protesting is NOT offering constructive criticism. You’re actively saying ‘just leave things as they are, there’s nothing anyone can do’. 

I’ve heard these comments quite a lot and if that’s how you (and others) feel about it, go and chat with each other because the ones that do wish to try and do something are tired of listening to the same old rhetoric.

Nope. That's nothing like what I've said, "actively" or otherwise.

I asked what the objective is and how it is believed that such an objective is to be achieved. 

I also didn't say I was offering constructive criticism. You said it was unhelpful of me to say why people shouldn't protest, I corrected you by pointing out that I hadn't said any such thing, and added that you weren't even correct to assume that it would be unhelpful because some criticism can be constructive.

Firstly I’m fully behind the motives and action 

however you can’t lead a campaign without a balance behind who it is and on the strength of the group

for all I know this could be a group of high end professionals of 100-200 people with growing membership 

or it could be a spotty teenage kid in his bedroom 

in all fairness either is fine but you need to know who you are backing especially if they are talking about us and we 

I don’t think I could turn up for a match on that basis but I wish them all the best really hope they get a few thousand 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jürgen Weißbrot said:

Nope. That's nothing like what I've said, "actively" or otherwise.

I asked what the objective is and how it is believed that such an objective is to be achieved. 

I also didn't say I was offering constructive criticism. You said it was unhelpful of me to say why people shouldn't protest, I corrected you by pointing out that I hadn't said any such thing, and added that you weren't even correct to assume that it would be unhelpful because some criticism can be constructive.

You asked what the objective is?

Are you really that dumb? 

You’re one of life’s fence sitters. Plenty to say, but nothing to offer.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

The annoying thing is though, a lot of those people you've described want change too. If someone said "I do not want Chansiri out" then fair enough, I wouldn't expect them to protest. But to moan about the owner and then moan about people trying to organise something to make a difference, is just beyond comprehension for me.

I thought that I ‘knew’ our fanbase (on the whole) but the realisation is that I may not, and it feels a bit strange. 

There’s only one question I ask myself:  Will we get anywhere, ever, with this owner or just more of the same?  And I can’t cope with more of the same. 

9 hours ago, Bannofan said:

They'll be loads of fans walking through the park to the ground at that time anyway, so I can't see why it won't be attended in good numbers, all be it accidently from some.

The major problem is combining the challenge of supporting the team on the pitch and creative a positive atmosphere to match the current vibe around Danny Rohls leadership, and staying angry and negative about Chansiri. I think the 1867 Group would admit protests and the support for them wains when the team has decent results and performances. 

(Just Thinking out loud here and I know you know this too obviously…) I was buzzing after the Blackburn win, but getting ‘4 points in 2 games’ doesn’t solve much  -  definitely doesn’t solve the club’s plight  -  yet it will be in people’s minds that now is not the right time to makes waves to get Chansiri out… it was the same against Middlesbrough at home, people saying “why throw tennis balls now when we’ve started so brightly”. 

In the end it’s just sitting on our hands. 

On the actual ‘protest March’, it make get ridiculed, it may get 200 people there, it may get 400, it may get trolled (like in this thread), and it may take another March at another game, but at least it’s something. 

As the alternative is DC carrying on his ridiculous ways (look when the last howler was… about 48 hours ago) 

UTO 

SWFC NOT CHANSIRI FC 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sykes said:

We'll just continue to trust Chansiri with the running of the club, then.

With these things, people get there camera phones out etc… there may well be 150 people there.. the videos may circulate and some people may get their wish of laughing at those who were there. Same as the ‘all you did was throw 20 tennis balls’ 

But to me Chansiri and Paxo staying is worse than any ridicule like that. So, so be it. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

but you need to know who you are backing

This extreme example below explains it - OBVIOUSLY swap the crucified part for ‘getting your season ticket voided’ 

‘I am Spartacus’ meaning:

A Roman general announces to a group of former slaves that unless they identify Spartacus they will all be crucified. Spartacus prepares to speak up but then all around him others stand to declare: “I am Spartacus!” It is perhaps the ultimate demonstration of human solidarity. 

• Love 1

52 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

I see the trust have decided not to support the protest. 

we understand and are supportive of any Members, Associates and Wednesday fans that want to get involved and support the march”

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

16 hours ago, Jürgen Weißbrot said:

What's the objective of the protest?

To convince a man with millions tied up in a business to write more of the money off than he would otherwise be inclined to?

Yes. Obviously.

Important to note that his fantasy of ever getting any of that money back is just that - the delusional fantasy of a magical thinker.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, owlinexile said:

Yes. Obviously.

Important to note that his fantasy of ever getting any of that money back is just that - the delusional fantasy of a magical thinker.  

"any"?

You think he'll give the club away for free if only enough fans would cross their arms and stamp their feet?

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Honestly it’s amazing how so many have fallen for this ‘we need to know who they are’ nonsense

💯

How could it possibly matter whether it's a bloke called Dave and his mates Steve, Jeff and Colin or if they're actually called Pete, Bill, Fred and Bob? Who give a shizzle?