Protest march, QPR (h) 16th December, 2pm (and why it's happening)

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

That's not what's been asked for mate.

They're asking that any meeting that they have with Chansiri is documented and published so all fans can read what was said in that meeting

They also ask for details of the takeover meeting:

We also requested that the minutes from the meeting regarding the potential take-over bid were publicised to the wider fanbase. This would give Wednesdayites the clarity they deserve.

• Like 5

Just now, CircleSeven said:

They also ask for details of the takeover meeting:

We also requested that the minutes from the meeting regarding the potential take-over bid were publicised to the wider fanbase. This would give Wednesdayites the clarity they deserve.

Ah yeh - my apologies - you're right

Well it would certainly make interesting reading if those minutes were published 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

There you again - nobody has said there will be thousands there. I think it's up to them what time they do their protest.

They asked for all to go support it and seen as we'll  have  around 22 k fans at the game  it's a fair assumption that good  percentage  will ......as for timing I just think it makes more sense if people want to get in for the start of the game 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah yeh - my apologies - you're right

Well it would certainly make interesting reading if those minutes were published 

I’d love to see them! Can’t imagine DC would ever be that transparent though plus meetings like that are always under NDA. 

• Like 2

I'll be there, but unfortunately I can't see many others attending. The lack of chants in the ground, the negative reactions from other fans when any chants or protest ideas are made, I just feel like it will be a damp squid of probably 20 teenagers. I can already imagine now the reactions of other fans walking along middlewood road or through the park, tutting and shaking their heads in disappointment.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jürgen Weißbrot said:

So the placards are going to read "Chansiri, magically stop being a useless twunt" rather than "Chansiri out" (which, as I say, means "Chansiri please voluntarily surrender millions" in reality). I don't buy that, sorry. 

I obviously get the frustration with being bottom of the league and having a walking PR disaster as a club owner. But worry that the motivation to retain as much of his wonga as possible will outweigh any desire height have to avoid upsetting folk that he clearly has nothing for distain for.

I'm sure I'm just being defeatist here. A couple of decades of shizzle will do that, I suppose. 😕

If that's how you see it, maybe it’s best if you keep out of this particular conversation?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, torryowl said:

They asked for all to go support it and seen as we'll  have  around 22 k fans at the game  it's a fair assumption that good  percentage  will ......as for timing I just think it makes more sense if people want to get in for the start of the game 

And not forgetting those who can’t attend the protest, because they’re meeting in the pub with family & friends because it’s the only time they ever get to meet up? 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Wasting you're time mate 

Don't know why people just  don't come out and say they are against any form of protest...

He was replying to me and i'm certainly not against any form of protest so long as it doesnt infringe on a match .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

For all those poo-pooing the idea, and saying it will be a small number who attend or just being negative towards this, at least somebody is trying to do something to make a change at the club we all love. Rather than slating the idea, why not join the march if you feel the same way as most of us do about Chansiri.?

Or alternatively, setup your own protest group and do your own thing.

Totally agree.

Unfortunately there will always be the 'Sit back and take it, do nothing but criticise others actions' brigade.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Totally agree.

Unfortunately there will always be the 'Sit back and take it, do nothing but criticise others actions' brigade.

The annoying thing is though, a lot of those people you've described want change too. If someone said "I do not want Chansiri out" then fair enough, I wouldn't expect them to protest. But to moan about the owner and then moan about people trying to organise something to make a difference, is just beyond comprehension for me.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

They'll be loads of fans walking through the park to the ground at that time anyway, so I can't see why it won't be attended in good numbers, all be it accidently from some.

The major problem is combining the challenge of supporting the team on the pitch and creative a positive atmosphere to match the current vibe around Danny Rohls leadership, and staying angry and negative about Chansiri. I think the 1867 Group would admit protests and the support for them wains when the team has decent results and performances. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

GAhb99BWkAAikV2.jpg

Protest march, QPR (h) 16th December, 2pm

Further to our request for a meeting with Dejphon Chansiri, we can confirm that the club did indeed offer to enter into dialogue.

We suggested the following;

We would give up anonymity, in exchange for written agreement that members giving up their names, would not face sanctions from the club, in terms of banning orders or any legal action.

We also requested that the minutes from the meeting regarding the potential take-over bid were publicised to the wider fanbase. This would give Wednesdayites the clarity they deserve.

Neither prerequisite could be met by the club and as a result we have no further option, other than to upscale protest movement.

We have listened to the wider fan base, we have no immediate plans for disruptive protest during the games and we are not currently in a position where we feel this is the best course of action. When in the stands, we’re fully behind Danny Röhl and the lads.

We urge you, the fans, to join us in protest of the current ownership of the club at 2pm on 16th December, prior to our home fixture, against QPR. This protest march will begin at Hawksley avenue, through Hillsborough park and end at the directors entrance under the south stand.

The above is the current intended route but we are in discussions with SAG, the club and SY Police. We call on all Sheffield Wednesday fans who have had enough of the current regime, to join us in solidarity.

This club was here before and will be here long after the current custodian. We stand together in saying enough is enough.

The 1867 Group.

The club can't give immunity from legal action, if you break the law, you break the law end of

• Haha 1